update smells fishy

orlym2

like i said i'm reporting on my update

aperently at my dealer my system cheks ok nothing needs attention, what a bunch of crap because i previously made sync support center know how i was feeling about the myford touch and how it was behaving,and i got a response from a keith at sync support center agreeing that there is issues with the system and they're working at it,together with the misterious vanishing of the update ,don't you guys agree that smells fishy.also the idiots wanted me to pay for the instalation of the update and could'n tell me what was being updated

like i said i'm reporting on my update

aperently at my dealer my system cheks ok nothing needs attention, what a bunch of crap because i previously made sync support center know how i was feeling about the myford touch and how it was behaving,and i got a response from a keith at sync support center agreeing that there is issues with the system and they're working at it,together with the misterious vanishing of the update ,don't you guys agree that smells fishy.also the idiots wanted me to pay for the instalation of the update and could'n tell me what was being updated

So did you get an update? What's the installation history say on SyncMyRide.

Having to pay for any of this is insane. Tell them you are going to the other dealership in the next town.

Someone had a good idea to get around the idiots that want to charge you. Complain about the issues you are having and you need them fixed.THEN mention the update that is supposed to fix this stuff.

I'm a little confused over the update, as mine was pulled today also. My car just came in to the dealer and I was going to have them update it (even printed it out) but obviously not now.

The good news I think is that they might be very close to doing an update.

What seems strange is that these updates are supposed to be user-installable. So maybe this one that was pulled is being rewritten a bit to be user-installable. OR, if it's so major of an update that it has to be done at the dealer, I agree it should be a warranty repair and certainly anyone could report intermittent OS problems and then it would certainly be warranty if the update is installed as a result of the problems.

I'll report in once I get my ride on Friday. I'm rocking an iPhone 4 and I suspect iOS 4.2 is going to drop this week, which may solve/create more problems.

I'm a little confused over the update, as mine was pulled today also. My car just came in to the dealer and I was going to have them update it (even printed it out) but obviously not now.

The good news I think is that they might be very close to doing an update.

What seems strange is that these updates are supposed to be user-installable. So maybe this one that was pulled is being rewritten a bit to be user-installable. OR, if it's so major of an update that it has to be done at the dealer, I agree it should be a warranty repair and certainly anyone could report intermittent OS problems and then it would certainly be warranty if the update is installed as a result of the problems.

I'll report in once I get my ride on Friday. I'm rocking an iPhone 4 and I suspect iOS 4.2 is going to drop this week, which may solve/create more problems.

From what my service tech told me, he says that the updates that require them to do are MAJOR updates. Us users only get to update the small stuff.

I also had high hopes for 4.2 this friday but after reading the MacRumor forums, the iPhone 4.2 beta testers said it didn't fix anything on the Fords. I didn't see any complaints where is created problems.