...when to order 2008 EDGE

I will buy an EDGE towards the end of 2007 because right now my 2005 Expedition lease will be over in April 2008.so i would like to know when place an order for 2008 towards the edn of 2007. I am trying (don't know if I will succeed) to time the arrival of the new ordered EDGE as close as possible to April.

Any help in this area is appreciated...

Thanks guys.

If you are turning in your Expy to the same dealership where you will get the Edge, then go in January or February to place your order. The dealership can prioritize your order to arrive just before you will need it to replace the '05.

One problem could be commodity holds that might prevent a specific vehicle from being built according to normal schedules - for example, right now there is medium risk that Edges with full moon roof packages will be delayed. You would also want to assure yourself that the dealership has allocation for March builds. If they don't, the order may have to wait until they do have allocation.

Customers don't usually understand that it is not a first-in, first-out system. Dealers can adjust build timing by placing higher priorities on vehicles they want "quicker". As I recall, dealer priorities range from 10 to 99, 10 being the highest dealer placed priority. :shades:

If you are turning in your Expy to the same dealership where you will get the Edge, then go in January or February to place your order. The dealership can prioritize your order to arrive just before you will need it to replace the '05.

One problem could be commodity holds that might prevent a specific vehicle from being built according to normal schedules - for example, right now there is medium risk that Edges with full moon roof packages will be delayed. You would also want to assure yourself that the dealership has allocation for March builds. If they don't, the order may have to wait until they do have allocation.

Customers don't usually understand that it is not a first-in, first-out system. Dealers can adjust build timing by placing higher priorities on vehicles they want "quicker". As I recall, dealer priorities range from 10 to 99, 10 being the highest dealer placed priority. :shades:

Grey your information is priceless and I undrstand the ordering somehow. I will be willing to take a hit of acouple of months (my monthly lease is $300) in order to get what I waht. With your explanation I will go to the GM at the Ford dealership and follow his directions,they have always been square with us even though my original dealer (Dayton Ford in NJ,is out of business).

They were very helpful in helping my son in getting a Mustang Roush stage 3..order the Mustang and had it dropped shipped to ROUSH in Il and when thsy finished ROUSH will ship it to NJ.

Thanks again for good info.

Grey your information is priceless and I undrstand the ordering somehow. I will be willing to take a hit of acouple of months (my monthly lease is $300) in order to get what I waht. With your explanation I will go to the GM at the Ford dealership and follow his directions,they have always been square with us even though my original dealer (Dayton Ford in NJ,is out of business).

They were very helpful in helping my son in getting a Mustang Roush stage 3..order the Mustang and had it dropped shipped to ROUSH in Il and when thsy finished ROUSH will ship it to NJ.

Thanks again for good info.

Ask your dealer about early lease termination. You can usually get out of your lease 2 or 3 months early with no penalty if you're buying a new Ford at the same dealership.

Ford will also extend your lease if they know you have a vehicle on order with them as well, so don't fret if it does get delayed for some odd reason.

I like what I hear from you guys,but forgive it sounds too good to be true.....my understanding is that no matter what once you are in a lease situation unless FORD run an offer you are married to the lease until ...."death do us part"...lol

Edited by svofan1

I like what I hear from you guys,but forgive it sounds too good to be true.....my understanding is that no matter what once you are in a lease situation unless FORD run an offer you are married to the lease until ...."death do us part"...lol

Ford will routinely let you extend the lease for a few months or terminate it early especially if you are purchasing another Ford product. Ask the dealer.

• 2 weeks later...
Ford will routinely let you extend the lease for a few months or terminate it early especially if you are purchasing another Ford product. Ask the dealer.

Check with your dealership...there is an earlybird release program right now...I just ended my F-150 lease early to get an Edge...plus they will make the last 3 payments of your current lease up to $1600.

Edited by RCEdge

Check with your dealership...there is an earlybird release program right now...I just ended my F-150 lease early to get an Edge...plus they will make the last 3 payments of your current lease up to $1600.

How much time did you have left on your lease?.......I am afraid to make a stupid move (read,expensive) because I am hot for an EDGE or MKX...<S>....you know what I mean?...

How much time did you have left on your lease?.......I am afraid to make a stupid move (read,expensive) because I am hot for an EDGE or MKX...<S>....you know what I mean?...

Right now I have about 5 mos left. By the time the Edge arrives, I will have a month to pay, and they will pay the last 3. This is only good for a 2007, as the 2008's aren't available yet.

Edited by RCEdge