Driver Seat/Mirror Settings Don't Stay

ar&wr

Ok, this one is weird. I have noticed since new, that on some occasions I would hit my setting for the memory seat and mirror settings, get in the Edge, and the right or left side mirrors would have to be adjusted. So I readjust them, save the setting, drive several times, and sure enough, I have to reset the mirrors again. 3 trips to the stealer, and they cannot find anything wrong or recreate the problem. This has gone on for 2 years.

YESTERDAY!! My bride and I walk out to the car, I double click the remote to open her door.....and the right side mirror elevates to the full up position. Wha...??? So I try to recreate the problem...and it won't.

Anyone else having this problem???

• 2 months later...

Ok, this one is weird. I have noticed since new, that on some occasions I would hit my setting for the memory seat and mirror settings, get in the Edge, and the right or left side mirrors would have to be adjusted. So I readjust them, save the setting, drive several times, and sure enough, I have to reset the mirrors again. 3 trips to the stealer, and they cannot find anything wrong or recreate the problem. This has gone on for 2 years.

YESTERDAY!! My bride and I walk out to the car, I double click the remote to open her door.....and the right side mirror elevates to the full up position. Wha...??? So I try to recreate the problem...and it won't.

Anyone else having this problem???

I have the same extract problem with my "09" Edge. I've only owned it a few months & when I'm due for an oil change I'll bring it up with the dealership. I just plan on having to readjust my mirror every time I get in . Am hoping for an easy fix. I'll post more when it's oil change time. Other then the mirror fluke, so far, so good.

• 1 month later...

I am having this problem with my 08 drivers side. Its driving me nuts. Its really fun when you are driving for a while and then finally notice the mirror aimed at the sky when you are about to merge into the next lane. i think they should issue a recall. This is a safety issue.

Dont have your problem problem with mirror, but every so often my seat does not go back to its memory set position. Manually put it where I want it drive around and the next time I get in it goes back to its correct memory setting. I have a 2010 but my 2008 would do the same every so often

• 2 weeks later...

Do you share the vehicle with a spouse/someone else? Perhaps they programmed the seat first?

You should have two keys. From the way I understand it, whatever the first setting programmed in with a particular key becomes the default setting. So, if you could reset the defaults, and reprogram it, you'd be fine. Check the owners manual.