Phone Voice Commands Don't Work

Hello all,

I got my new 2011 Edge Sport in White Platinum today! :yahoo:

I absolutely love it! Looks simply amazing! Rides great and all the features are wonderful.

I love the voice commands but cannot dial a phonebook contact by voice. All other commands work; I can control the climate, navigation, and audio and even dial a number by voice. It all works fine, except contacts. When I say "Call John Smith" it just says "please repeat" or something of that sort. I can say "call" and it'll say "say a name" but after that, it won't work. All my contacts are synced to the system, and I'm saying it exactly as it appears. I know the contacts work because when someone calls me, their name comes up on the screen. I even tried using a different phone, but had the same results.

Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Thanks so much!

Hello all,

I absolutely love it! Looks simply amazing! Rides great and all the features are wonderful.

I love the voice commands but cannot dial a phonebook contact by voice. All other commands work; I can control the climate, navigation, and audio and even dial a number by voice. It all works fine, except contacts. When I say "Call John Smith" it just says "please repeat" or something of that sort. I can say "call" and it'll say "say a name" but after that, it won't work. All my contacts are synced to the system, and I'm saying it exactly as it appears. I know the contacts work because when someone calls me, their name comes up on the screen. I even tried using a different phone, but had the same results.

Thanks so much!

What kind of phone is it you're using? I know there have been many issues with iphones on here. I do not have mine yet so I cannot answer your question.

I have the same issue, with both phones that I have tried, one a Blackberry 9000 and the other an LG GR500. All other voice commands work. Phones pair OK, and can "dial" through sync while pronouncing a phone number. When I corresponded with syncmyride chat they asked that I try disabling the automatic download of contacts, and verify that I didn't have all capital letters (which I don't.). I have not had time to play with any variables, but would appreciate any other tips.

2011 Edge Ltd silent in Wisconsin.

I own an iPhone4 and have an MKX that is waiting to be shipped that I'm hoping to have next week. I am getting anxious in the true sense of the word about this combo of iphone and Lincoln. I have a Blue Ant two way speaker device that I have been using in my 04 FX. I think I will hold on to it for when (and I say when and not IF based on everything I've been reading) it fails. Pity. As Ford owners, we need to speak loudly with our displeasure and use the tools at our disposal to voice our discontent. Surveys such as JD Power hold an incredible amount of weight and should be used to get Ford's attention if they are not listening to their consumers. I hope mine is fine but if not, I will be using that and every tool at my disposal to get Ford's attention so they hasten a fix for these problems.

Just to note, I'm completely thrilled with this car so far. Everything else has worked absolutely flawlessly. I have an old iPod that I'll keep in the car, and it works fine, and the MyFord Touch system is fantastic. The voice recognition impressed very much by its accuracy and quickness of response. Granted, I've only had it for about 10 hours now, but in the past 10 hours I've probably spend 7 in the car. I'm only having this one issue but I do believe it may be something I'm doing wrong, or perhaps some type of setting.

Not to mention that this car is a lot more than the MyFord Touch system...this is an absolutely fantastic car, even without considering the great new tech. It's beautiful, comfortable, powerful, smooth, quiet, and feature-rich. Ford really built an excellent vehicle.

I'm afraid that this forum is causing us to wait for our systems to malfunction rather than to simply enjoy them. Yes, there is trouble, and Ford is working it as we speak. I'm sure they already know of the many problems and are trying to work as quickly as possible, but maybe they learned their lesson and are taking more time to get it right this time.

Edited by hunter4814

The good news is that i tell you it works! I use an iphone4 with no trouble. I wonder how i did before.

When i picked it up 3 weeks ago... I paired it on the spot and it synced all my iphone contacts at lightning speed.. I think i have 400 or so in there. Has worked flawless since.

Phone-Call Joe Blow

Cell or Office?

Office

Calling Joe Blow Office

Great..never missed one of my inquieries yet

Cheers & good luck to all of us ( with what i read, i always expect it to crash...but so far so good)

S

One of my wife’s friends likes to prioritize.

So home is aHome

Debra is aaDebra

Don is aaaDon

Poor sync sounds like she is Drowning.

Calling acacacdon is that correct?

ab

That's funny man. Imagine how she prioritizes her AC DC music? The letter combos would get amusing.

Hello all,

Thanks so much!

Congratulations on your purchase...I like your taste!!! Enjoy and happy driving :shift: