2011 Edge Limited (302):

phdedgeman

As someone who hasn't owned an American made care since the mid 1970s, I'm hoping my new 2011 Edge Limited Model 302) with 18' wheels wows me as much after I drive it as it did when I researched it. The exterior and interior are gorgeous, and from what I've read, the all wheel drive system is exceptional, with power going to whatever wheel(s) have traction. As someone who has owned everything from a Lexus and BMW to a Subaru and an Acura, I've finally found a vehicle that seems to have it all: Looks, comfort, reliability,

advanced technology and space. My only complaint (minor) is that the antenna is attached near the front of the vehicle instead of the rear as it is with similar vehicles.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

For what it's worth, my first car was the 1968 Pontiac GTO.

Thanks in advance.

As someone who hasn't owned an American made care since the mid 1970s, I'm hoping my new 2011 Edge Limited Model 302) with 18' wheels wows me as much after I drive it as it did when I researched it. The exterior and interior are gorgeous, and from what I've read, the all wheel drive system is exceptional, with power going to whatever wheel(s) have traction. As someone who has owned everything from a Lexus and BMW to a Subaru and an Acura, I've finally found a vehicle that seems to have it all: Looks, comfort, reliability,

advanced technology and space. My only complaint (minor) is that the antenna is attached near the front of the vehicle instead of the rear as it is with similar vehicles.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

For what it's worth, my first car was the 1968 Pontiac GTO.

Thanks in advance.

I am in the same boat. I am waiting for my 2011 Edge Limit AWD with Nav, Drivers Entry and Bliss to arrive. It has been four weeks so far. I have not owned a Ford since my 1986 Bronco II and had BMW and Subaru for the past twenty plus years and I am too hoping for a good exsperence with the Edge exspecally in the snow.

Just got my 2011 Sport AWD. First domestic after owning several German/Japanese cars, coming off a G35. So far so good. The AWD works great. You can watch power distribution and under spirited acceleration from standstill in dry weather it distributes power to both rear and front for a nice linear feel.

I'm a RWD guy and was a little nervous about going FWD. The AWD makes it feel better. I think you'll be satisfied. I probably won't see much snow down here, although we will be in the Tenn mountains over Christmas so we'll see!

Good luck!

I have the limited AWD with 18's - Handling great on the snow and ice... I am hoping the amount of ice isn't going to continue all winter. But loving it. I learned to drive with 80's subaru's and this handles better than those ever did. I was trying to force it to have issues the first day I drove on the ice and could barely get a wiggle out of it.

• 1 month later...

I have the limited AWD with 18's - Handling great on the snow and ice... I am hoping the amount of ice isn't going to continue all winter. But loving it. I learned to drive with 80's subaru's and this handles better than those ever did. I was trying to force it to have issues the first day I drove on the ice and could barely get a wiggle out of it.

Now that a blizzard is forecast for the I95 corridor along the east coast, I'll be finding out soon enough of the Edge's AWD system is equal to or comes close to my wife's Audi with Quattro. The vehicle is a joy to own. There is one minor problem that I'm intent on figuring out. My iPhone4 works wonderfully with the vehicle, but the BTStereo only occasionally works wirelessly with the phone.

Minor quibbles: The nav screen needs to be slightly more sensitive to the touch, and the hazard warning light switch needs to be moved or less sensitive. Also, the glove compartment should light up when opened.

And one question: Between the navigation system, mysync and Sirius, which is the best to use for getting from one place to another?

Overall, it's a joy to drive and incredibly roomy and comfortable. It's been 34 years since I last drove an American car. Now that Ford has styling AND good reliability and AWD, I'm a happy camper.

It's good to be back.

Edited by phdedgeman

Just got my 2011 Sport AWD. First domestic after owning several German/Japanese cars, coming off a G35. So far so good. The AWD works great. You can watch power distribution and under spirited acceleration from standstill in dry weather it distributes power to both rear and front for a nice linear feel.

I'm a RWD guy and was a little nervous about going FWD. The AWD makes it feel better. I think you'll be satisfied. I probably won't see much snow down here, although we will be in the Tenn mountains over Christmas so we'll see!

Good luck!

I've been in vehicles with front wheel for years and years now. I opted only for FWD on my new Edge as I see no real need for AWD. FWD has served me very well. Granted I don't live in a place that gets feet of snow, just inches, but so far in up to 8 inches FWD serves my needs.