Installed Updates On SYNC

curlysir

There is no hardware needed, just the SD card. But you have to find someone who can figure out how to reprogram the system with the Nav software. Essentially you have to "hack" the system as Ford has not made it available for dealers to do.

I've had three salesmen at three different dealerships tell me I can add the Nav later by just purchasing the SD Card with the Nav Map Data. I'm still leary, and feel it must need something else to make it work.

Being as it's a MS OS, to bad you can't just pop in the latest version of MS Streets and Trips, plug in the USB nav Antenna, and be on your way...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say that I head my first text message read to me by the car. Blackberry 9700 with latest leaked version of OS 6.0... I thought the reading of text messages didn't work with my phone.. I was pleasantly surprised!!!

I also used a quick reply back to the text message I received... worked great as well.

Just wanted to say that I head my first text message read to me by the car. Blackberry 9700 with latest leaked version of OS 6.0... I thought the reading of text messages didn't work with my phone.. I was pleasantly surprised!!!

I also used a quick reply back to the text message I received... worked great as well.

YAY!

Now if only the iPhone can do that

I think that's just an issue with the Iphone bluetooth standard... I don't think it worked for blackberry OS5.0 which comes standard on my phone... I just have beta version of the latest os on my phone.. so that could be why it is working for me (Updated Bluetooth standard included).

I've had three salesmen at three different dealerships tell me I can add the Nav later by just purchasing the SD Card with the Nav Map Data. I'm still leary, and feel it must need something else to make it work.

Being as it's a MS OS, to bad you can't just pop in the latest version of MS Streets and Trips, plug in the USB nav Antenna, and be on your way...

I also was told ( and have seen a couple articles talking about how Ford made the nav option able to be added after the sale. with purchasing the $795 SD card.

I have a brand new unopened myford touch Nav SD card that came with my 2011 edge limited that I am not gonna use ( Just bought a top of the line Garmin a month before the new edge). the nav option came in the 302a package so if anyone is interested in it for WAY below the $795 ford price let me know.

Because the OEMs have to meet FMVSS regulations.

FMVSS has nothing to do with POIs not being listed in order of distance to the target city, traffic info being much less accurate, screen layout being easier to read, etc. I am definitely more distracted trying to find my requested destination in line 28 than I am with my TomTom 550T.

I also was told ( and have seen a couple articles talking about how Ford made the nav option able to be added after the sale. with purchasing the $795 SD card.

I have a brand new unopened myford touch Nav SD card that came with my 2011 edge limited that I am not gonna use ( Just bought a top of the line Garmin a month before the new edge). the nav option came in the 302a package so if anyone is interested in it for WAY below the $795 ford price let me know.

I just got off the phone with my sales person and she told me that her technician onsite would not be able to activate Navigation if I come in with an SD card. So I either have a technitician that is unwilling or does not know how to program this. I already have an older Tom Tom unit that I use occassionally, but was just hoping for the convenience of having a unit in the dash. I will stay patient and hopefully this will be in a future software patch.Thanks for all the answers and advice!

I just got off the phone with my sales person and she told me that her technician onsite would not be able to activate Navigation if I come in with an SD card. So I either have a technitician that is unwilling or does not know how to program this.

It's already been reported that dealers don't have the software yet to upgrade a non-nav MFT even if you were able to get the right SD card. This just confirms it.

I see a lot of Navigation SD cards being stolen in the near future :angry:

Won't help. The card is paired to the installed nav software. You can't just buy one off Ebay or steal one and get navigation.