squeeking sunroof

egma12

I have taken possession of my 2011 Limited for two months now and no major issues... I love it. But just recently, my sunroof has started making some squeaking noise when closed... I have tried opening and closing it back and most of the time, it has made the squeaking noise go away. We have now hit colder weather, around freezing temperatures, where there is condensation overnight and some freezing in the mornings. The squeaking is now more persistent. Has any of you had similar issues with the sunroof?

I have taken possession of my 2011 Limited for two months now and no major issues... I love it. But just recently, my sunroof has started making some squeaking noise when closed... I have tried opening and closing it back and most of the time, it has made the squeaking noise go away. We have now hit colder weather, around freezing temperatures, where there is condensation overnight and some freezing in the mornings. The squeaking is now more persistent. Has any of you had similar issues with the sunroof?

Yes.

My '07 Edge (off lease) had that same issue every year when the weather turned cold. It was mostly in the cold frosty overnight/mornings and dissipated as the temperature rose in daytime. Hasn't been cold enough here yet to notice it in the '11. When/if it does, the Sony will take care of it :-).

I've had above freezing weather (even a few weeks where I was able to drive with it wide open) in KS and I haven't noticed my BAMR squeaking.

It is really mostly after a big snowfall and you get most of the snow off the roof - then you drive and the bit left melts from heat inside... then re-freezes. It is pretty common up here in cars with sunroofs

Yes.

My '07 Edge (off lease) had that same issue every year when the weather turned cold. It was mostly in the cold frosty overnight/mornings and dissipated as the temperature rose in daytime. Hasn't been cold enough here yet to notice it in the '11. When/if it does, the Sony will take care of it :-).

lol, I like your attitude!

I find the Edge to have such a quite ride that any noise out of the ordinary is noticeable I guess. That's where the Sony can help:) So I guess there is no need to make a big deal about it at the dealer... I was thinking maybe the rubber seal would need to be sprayed or something... It is my first sunroof experience... my previous vehicles did not have one... Thanks for all your feedback!

I find the Edge to have such a quite ride that any noise out of the ordinary is noticeable I guess. That's where the Sony can help:) So I guess there is no need to make a big deal about it at the dealer... I was thinking maybe the rubber seal would need to be sprayed or something... It is my first sunroof experience... my previous vehicles did not have one... Thanks for all your feedback!

If it concerns you and you are at the dealer anyway - never hurts to ask! :) Better safe then sorry.

good luck and enjoy that Sony.

It won't hurt to have the dealer look at it while you are there. The roof is not new to the 2011 so the dealership may have heard of this before.