VIN Delay

Hansel38

Hi

Anyone has the same issue as I have? I have order my Edge SEL mid-october and still no VIN issued. Apparentlly they have a wheel supplier issue. Does that make sense?

We live in Winnipeg MB CA and ordered our '11 Edge on October 22 and were told to expect delivery in 6-8 weeks. We have not "received" our VIN yet but I have not heard of any additional delays.

Most vehicle scheduling is controlled by the selling dealership (through order prioritization within the dealer's allocation). The plant controlls scheduling when there are "commodity issues". Your dealership can access their news bulletin and it will tell them if there are shortages of specific parts (like wheels) that prevent a vehicle from being scheduled.

So, if that is what they did and what they told you, Yes, it makes sense.

I know in my case, the dealer was only allocated one MKX with 20" chrome wheels for October which was my order. Maybe you had the same kind of issue?

Friday, my dealer was allocated 2 Edge SE which has 17" wheels. I have ordered a SEL whith the standard 18" wheel. Everything make sense but Im so eager to drive this 2011 Edge. Not that I don<t like my current Edge 2008 but all the new 2011 stuff made me change my mind.

Thanks for the input

Hi

Anyone has the same issue as I have? I have order my Edge SEL mid-october and still no VIN issued. Apparentlly they have a wheel supplier issue. Does that make sense?

I heard from a local Lincoln dealer (Ohio), that they were restricted from ordering several Lincoln vehicles with 20" wheels. This included the MKX. I received this information around 3 weeks ago. I think the ordering restriction was for at least a few weeks in length. I just wanted to confirm that there is some type of wheel supplier issue according to what Ford / Lincoln is communicating to the dealers.

I heard from a local Lincoln dealer (Ohio), that they were restricted from ordering several Lincoln vehicles with 20" wheels. This included the MKX. I received this information around 3 weeks ago. I think the ordering restriction was for at least a few weeks in length. I just wanted to confirm that there is some type of wheel supplier issue according to what Ford / Lincoln is communicating to the dealers.

See my post above. Mine was the only allotment the dealer got for those wheels for the month of October.

• 3 weeks later...

I have ordered my Edge 2011 SEL on Oct 15th, still no VIN even after many call to Ford Customer service and dealership, and I have no outlook as when this would come out.

I'm in the same boat, ordered on 21st October and now looking at early to mid January being the last estimate.

I also understand there's a one week Christmas shutdown at the plant in Oakville which will have some impact on deliveries

BTW my dealer told me that he won't be receiveing units for his inventory until March...!!!

• 1 month later...

This is somewhat depressing. I ordered an Edge 2011 SEL just before Christmas and I'm settling in for a long wait. My old 2000 Ford Focus was used in the retire your ride program - hope it can make it to the finish line!

It depends on your dealer VIN allocation, If you are based within the US, I'm sure you'll get your VIN soon.