Should I return my 07' EDGE?

r20s02x

What humming noise? Can you give some specifics of what you bought (SE, SEL, SEL+, FWD, AWD, etc)? And any specifics about the noise? I've had an '07 SEL+ FWD since it was new but I don't recall any humming noises.

Well based on what I have read, it's rear bearings that will have to be replaced at least once at very low miles and again, and again...it seems to be a common problem with this model 2007 Edge SE FWD putting faulty parts or parts that are burning up these bearing. Some major leaks coming from various areas, breaks, shocks, transmissions. I just traded my 05 pontiac with 112,000 miles on it and have NEVER had a problem with it....so this concerns me...but then again looking at other make's reviews, chevy, gmc, their crossovers have cost similar problems...so I am just trying to decide if I am over reacting or if I should go pick up my trusty pontiac....

Well based on what I have read, it's rear bearings that will have to be replaced at least once at very low miles and again, and again...it seems to be a common problem with this model 2007 Edge SE FWD putting faulty parts or parts that are burning up these bearing. Some major leaks coming from various areas, breaks, shocks, transmissions. I just traded my 05 pontiac with 112,000 miles on it and have NEVER had a problem with it....so this concerns me...but then again looking at other make's reviews, chevy, gmc, their crossovers have cost similar problems...so I am just trying to decide if I am over reacting or if I should go pick up my trusty pontiac....

07 SEL+ FWD with 37,000 miles Zero problems I'm 61 yr old and this is the best car I've ever owned.

I turned over 60k miles last week (bye bye warranty) and have had no mechanical problems like what you listed. the major leak you referenced was primarily on AWD and was a PTU issue (not present on FWD). I did experience the odd transmission jolt-like shifts early on (<10k miles) but those mysteriously disappeared and haven't happened since.

I have an 07 SE with AWD and both rear bearings developed a loud whine at about 45,000 miles and were replaced under powertrain warranty. Has been quiet ever since. I now have 67,000 miles and have not experienced the PTU leak issue. Air conditioner developed a leak at about 60,000 and cost $400 to repair. Have also had a lot of squeak and rattle issues. I am now considering upgrading to a 2011 and can't decide if I want AWD or FWD. If I had it to do over, I would not have bought an 07, would've gotten a later model instead.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi I have a 07 edge I bought used 75000 on her no issues is AWD a problem on the 07 Gus in AlA. Thank you

There were some PTU leaking issues for the first couple years (07 being THE very first year of the Edge). If you are not noticing any leaks, you are probably okay as I would guess the original or previous owner would have gotten that fixed.

What color is your Edge? You could be in an elite group...

My 07 is FWD and just passed 115k miles.

Thanks for reply carbonedge+feirstein its color is very light cream with light cream interior light brown trim.Will the brake booster from later years fit the 07 Thanks again yall for the info.

Now the wife rather drive the 07edge over the 11mustang .Can we say 2014 edge sport just saying.

yes you are right carbonedge+ the previous owner did replace them at 45000. Will I need to replace them again is this a major job and expensive ? Yhanks Yall

I would hope it is a once and done repair. I have no idea as to the extent of labor or cost should it have to be repaired again (mine is FWD so it was not anything I had to deal with). Some others on here may have more to contribute in relation to that question. I've had no issues with the brake booster either.

Enjoy it!