Water in 2011 MKX tail light lens

So while washing my truck today I noticed that the tail lights actually had water in them.

I stayed calm and carried on with the cleaning thinking I already had a warranty issue.

Low and behold I noticed when I open the lift gate I could see that there was a gap in the lens.

So I'm wondering is this intentional or a defect?

Anyone else with an MKX or Edge dealt with or noticed this?

FYI I know the lights are different on these 2 models but it seems that it happen on both sides.

The parts on the MKX on lift gate and the lens on the trucks rear quarter panel.

Guys not sure if you have an Edge or MKX but I looked at the 2011 MKX's at the dealer and would you believe they are all like this.

We concluded it was designed intentional like this but my salesperson is researching for me further.

Hi Marc. :D The tail lights were not designed to nor should they have water in them. Tail lights are not fishbowls. The fact that the other MKX's at the Dealer may have also had water in them only shows that they also have the same manufacturer defect as yours.

Do not settle for any answer telling you "That is the way they were designed...". They need to be replaced.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530