Some of My Favorite Things

NewEdgeForMe

Some of my favorite things about my 2011 Edge are:

1. Quiet smooth ride. My boss says it rides better than his Lexus.

2. Blind spot mirrors...the little mirror inside the larger one. Should be mandatory on all new vehicles.

3. Capless fuel system. No more messing with dirty smelly fuel caps.

4. Contrast stitching on the leather seats. Nice quality touch Ford!

5. The fact that I live in SE Michigan and can be proud, even boastful, about my Ford Edge.

Please add to my list if you wish.

PROs

Keyless entry in the door handle (better then my '10 SHO)

Remote Start

The sinister look of the balck grill

All painted lower body

Vista roof

power lift gate

excellent ride on the big 22's

Sony sound system/ pause & rewind SAT radio

Two 4" displays

High Res 8" display

305HP moves this 4400lbs beast

Redesigned interior (front seats need better support tho)

Not to big & not to small

and so much more

CONs

MFT needs an overhaul not an update

Some things that have stood out for me with my MKX:

Cross-Traffic alert works well, even senses pedestrians.

Rear sonar works in conjunction with rear-view camera, not one or the other as is the case with many other vehicles.

Heated steering wheel has spoiled me big time.

AM/FM radio reception and general THX sound quality is far beyond what I've heard on any other vehicle.

Adaptive cruise control is worth every penny.

The fact that most of the MLTouch features work most of the time means about equal parts enjoyment and frustration.

- Keyless entry and push putton start. If I parked in a garage, I'd never touch my keys again. Now I want the same system on my front door.

- The spot on the outside door handle you touch to lock the doors. It's pretty much the only way I lock the doors anymore.

- The way the power lift gate enables my horrible "one trip" mentality for unloading after errands/grocery shopping.

- Adaptive Cruise Control! The driver fatigue regular cruise control relieves is multiplied by 4 with adaptive.

- Adaptive Windshield Wipers. I used to fiddle with my wipers in stop and go traffic because they bugged me when I slowed down or stopped. Now I never have to touch them.

- That Sirius has Replay and Alerts. Built in units don't normally have these.

- That I don't have to keep the map up on the big screen when using Nav. Especially on longer trips with long stretches on one road. I switch the big screen to Music and use the little right hand screen for Nav.

- Remote start. Family dinners at my parents house in the mountains mean leaving when it's pretty chilly at night. Now I can hit a few buttons and let it get warm while we gather everything and get bundled up. I don't have to brave the cold alone.

- That Sirius has Replay and Alerts. Built in units don't normally have these.

But do you actually have the Alerts working? I must have 20 songs and a couple of commonly played artists activated on my Alert list and I have never had a single alert. I've just assumed it was another part of the Sync system that simply didn't work.

But do you actually have the Alerts working? I must have 20 songs and a couple of commonly played artists activated on my Alert list and I have never had a single alert. I've just assumed it was another part of the Sync system that simply didn't work.

Oh I had an alert pop up for me finally! It was a small box in the center of the 8" that was the same font/format as the one that pops up during a navigation/traffic event that it wants to bring to your attention. I hit the 'tune' button (I believe... or maybe it was listen idk) and it took me to the station. I thought at first that it had messed up because there was a commercial playing on the station that it had tuned to, but then as soon as the commercial ended it was the first song that played. I was quite excited hehe.

Well my alerts just started working today. Seemed that adding Billy Joel to my list did the trick. A minute later I was getting alerts, not just on Joel but on many of the other songs/artists I had added long ago. There's seemingly no end to the weirdness my MKX provides for me.

Maybe you didn't have the alerts enabled? You can set alerts for all your artists and songs, but then you have to set Enable All Alerts to ON.

Maybe you didn't have the alerts enabled? You can set alerts for all your artists and songs, but then you have to set Enable All Alerts to ON.

No the alerts were enabled. Heck they were disabled and re-enabled, songs added and removed, ect. nothing made them work ... until Billy Joel ;-)