Aftermarket Audio

Has anyone installed an aftermarket amp yet? I was needing a little help on getting power wire from the engine bay through the firewall. I cant find a grommet/hole anywhere. Where would be a good place to mount an amp? Im thinking about installing a Pioneer amp and a bazooka tube. Low profile and good sound from what i heard. I dont want it loud, just good.

Anybody??? Maybee I should just build a raised floor for the back with the amp embedded into the floor. That would make it even. Where the back of the seats meet the new floor, ill have a hinge with wood that would make the back even so I can put stuff or even camp in. the amp could be a heater.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket amp yet? I was needing a little help on getting power wire from the engine bay through the firewall. I cant find a grommet/hole anywhere. Where would be a good place to mount an amp? Im thinking about installing a Pioneer amp and a bazooka tube. Low profile and good sound from what i heard. I dont want it loud, just good.

I just ran the power kit for my amp this weekend. There is a big factory hole/grommet that you can use. If you remove the battery, you will see the easiset pass-through ever. It even has a tab on the grommet so you can pull it away from the firewall. That's what I did and then just dropped the power cable through into the inside and down the side to the rear.

100_7027.jpg

100_7028.jpg

I did fuse it, right at the battery. And you're right I will prolly go back make a hole in the grommet itself just to be safe.

Is it really that difficult to spell out "probably"? I'm sorry but it drives me NUTS when people say "prolly". It just sounds lazy and uneducated.

Is it really that difficult to spell out "probably"? I'm sorry but it drives me NUTS when people say "prolly". It just sounds lazy and uneducated.

You have stumbled upon a covert age marker (prolly), identifying it's user as young and impressionable and/or out on a day pass from the Day Center for the Tragically Hip.

Sounds good. Now I have to find a place to put my amp but still have storage abilities. Any ideas.

We don't have one yet so I have not had the opportunity to look around but I like putting them under the front seats. Keep cool, good airflow and out of site.

Edited by Scott S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I havent. I havent thought about getting my cable from the battery to the back. I have 4ga cable but I dont know if Im going to install the amp. id just run the speaker wire to the front thru the harness since im only going to be pusing 75 watts a peice tops. i have a Bazooka tube but and trying to justify bring a 4ga cable back to the tube even though the installed amp had a 16ga power cable. I have all the stuff, and I dont know where to put my amp where it will stay cool and non crushed. I dont want to mount it on the back cargo floor.

Wow, that is a tight fit. I hope you have a fan back there to keep the D3 and the amp cool. Nice install job though.

I know. There's not much room for heat to escape. Fortunately the pioneer and the amp have thermal circuits which will shut off the units if they get too hot. There really isn't room in the edge to install the amp under the seats, even this small amp.

I noticed that theres not too much room. They use as much room for stuff as possible which is good for the passengers. I might make a false rear cargo floor of plexiglass or some light strong composite structure so I can still put stuff but have the amp and wires underneath. Its going to take a while.

I noticed that theres not too much room. They use as much room for stuff as possible which is good for the passengers. I might make a false rear cargo floor of plexiglass or some light strong composite structure so I can still put stuff but have the amp and wires underneath. Its going to take a while.

What about in the space where the spare tire is or behind the panel on the rear drivers side?

When u done this job, do u mind send some pictures here?

thanks!