TSB issued on Sensor Warning messages

Ctrl-z

My dealer informed me today that they just received a TSB regarding the false sensor blocked warning messages that have plagued me in particular. In my case, I frequently lost collision alert, adaptive cruise and blindspot indicator functions due to blocked sensor warnings on a clean vehicle driving on bare roads. It's a big relief to me that there appears to finally be a fix for that, although I haven't heard of anyone else having the problem. Sorry I don't have any further details.

My dealer informed me today that they just received a TSB regarding the false sensor blocked warning messages that have plagued me in particular. In my case, I frequently lost collision alert, adaptive cruise and blindspot indicator functions due to blocked sensor warnings on a clean vehicle driving on bare roads. It's a big relief to me that there appears to finally be a fix for that, although I haven't heard of anyone else having the problem. Sorry I don't have any further details.

I've had issues with mine on my MKX as well.

I have had the same issue happen to me 4 times. Strangely enough it happened at the same place every time. I was driving from different beginning locations to the same client. It always happened withing about half a mile of the last time it did on the same street. I get the sound and alert screen and the blind spot lights stay on. Then one time it happened as I was leaving that same client and going down the road the other way (it happened at the same place). I think it might have something to do with RF interference or something. It is just to strange that it always happens at that place. And in over 3 months driving too. A simple turn off of the car and restart fixes the issue. Hope this helps identify something. It is also about 1 mile down the road from my dealer. Maybe it is acting like a dog that got picked up from the rescue center. It wants to turn a "Blind Eye" to it's past.

• 5 months later...

Just got a new 2011 LTD AWD about 2 weeks ago and it also has this issue. Usually happens once every day or every other day and usually close to my work. Could there be some kind of interference in the air there?

Either way, I guess they never found a fix for this.

I'm still tormented by this problem, even after the supposed TSB fix. Last time I complained about it to my dealer, they took my MKX out on a half hour "test drive". Nice waste of my fuel. I'd say the sensor warning failure occurs about every 1.5 hours of driving (on clear roads with no reason for any sensor blockage). So I've encountered it many dozens of times and my dealer and presumably Ford have no idea of a real fix. (Though after the TSB fix, I never again received any of the sensor blocked errors for the blindside mirrors.)

I do believe it does have something to do with electronic interference as there is one particular place on one highway that I've had this occur 4 times within 300 meters. I used to pull over and restart the vehicle but now I just change the cruise control mode to standard. Paid $1500 to get the adaptive cruise and collision avoidance option and it's become the most likely "feature" of my MKX to cause me to swear out loud at Ford (yes, even more so than the many, many Sync failures).

• 4 months later...

Is anyone still having this problem? I bought my Edge in August, drove it for a month with zero issues, hit a deer on my drivers front, got it fixed, now the collision sensor warning blocked thing comes up every day or so.

The body shop my insurance company sent me to did great body work but I don't trust them with the electronic stuff... (there were a ton of warning errors after I hit the deer, they tried for about two weeks to figure it all out and couldn't so they towed it to a Ford dealer and it ended up being a loose fuse).

I'm know I'm gonna have to take it back to the body shop since it seems the problems are stemming from the accident, but I 'd like to figure out what the problem is so I know whether or not they're headed in the right direction when they diagnose the problem.

• 5 months later...

Just took my 2011 edge in for the same issue.The day after the update for the mft was installed the block sensor appeared.I hope they have a sensor that will last longer than 18 months,as they ordered mine today.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...