Costco Pricing

Curious if anyone has gone this route and how do you know the price being quoted is the "Costco" pricing and not some figure thought up by a sales manager?

Jack

I have never used the costoc pricing but am curious as well. I thought you can login to the costco website and fill out information and somene from a local dealer gets back to you. I would compare that price with edmuds.com and see how it compares.

I have never used the costoc pricing but am curious as well. I thought you can login to the costco website and fill out information and somene from a local dealer gets back to you. I would compare that price with edmuds.com and see how it compares.

if there is a dealer local to you - again AK was neglected. They don't tell you that when you fill out the form though. Got a call from someone in Washington trying to sell me a car. The advantage was lost once you added in shipping costs.

Hi Joe:

We just placed an order last week. We just had to show the dealer our Costco membership card.

The dealer quoted me $2250 and change off the MSRP but I was quoted not shown a fee schedule for the $42000 Limited. Since I never have been able to trust car dealers I do not know if this is the Costco discount or something fabricated. May have to make a trip to Seattle to see what prices are there.

Jack

The dealer quoted me $2250 and change off the MSRP but I was quoted not shown a fee schedule for the $42000 Limited. Since I never have been able to trust car dealers I do not know if this is the Costco discount or something fabricated. May have to make a trip to Seattle to see what prices are there.

Jack

Hi Jack

To answer your original question, I know the Costco discount isn't fabricated because I got the dealer cost before going in to make the deal. I used Car Cost Canada, which is excellent and well worth the nominal cost. If you are in the US I am sure there is something similar available. That way you can negotiate using the dealer cost as your basis, not MSRP. So first negotiate a selling price based on dealer cost plus what you think is a fair dealer profit, then take off the Costco discount (which is after taxes BTW, at least here). Don't consider the Costco discount as something the dealer is giving you - it isn't affecting the dealer's profit since its a manufacturer-driven discount and hence is a pass-through for the delaer (someone chime in if I'm wrong on this, but I don't think so). If your dealer won't do that with you, I would go somewhere else. Hope that helps.

Hi Jack

To answer your original question, I know the Costco discount isn't fabricated because I got the dealer cost before going in to make the deal. I used Car Cost Canada, which is excellent and well worth the nominal cost. If you are in the US I am sure there is something similar available. That way you can negotiate using the dealer cost as your basis, not MSRP. So first negotiate a selling price based on dealer cost plus what you think is a fair dealer profit, then take off the Costco discount (which is after taxes BTW, at least here). Don't consider the Costco discount as something the dealer is giving you - it isn't affecting the dealer's profit since its a manufacturer-driven discount and hence is a pass-through for the delaer (someone chime in if I'm wrong on this, but I don't think so). If your dealer won't do that with you, I would go somewhere else. Hope that helps.

I am in the states with only one Ford dealer in town so it is hard for me to validate what they are offering. I will try your suggestions.

Jack