Just orderded my 2011 SEL AWD!!

jaymac8888

Just back from the dealership and I orderd my 2011 Edge. SEL (202a), AWD, Kona Blue, Black Leather. I considered the Limited but it made the most sense to save some money. Also, the 18" rims are more my style.

I had a question:

Besides the radio and wheels, what features am I missing by getting the SEL (202a) instead of the Limited?

Thanks, reading this forum was extremely helpful in choosing my Edge with the best features for me and my family.

Yay another new Edge Owner. Congrats and many mile of troublr free driving? Not too sure on what the 202A has. The limited AWD with 302A is what I have. It has the big Sony Radio, navagation. My Ford Touch heated seats lighted door sill plates cargo area thing that i threw out. (cheap) HID head lamps and the LED front lights that serve no real purpose other than to look way cool going down the road and lighted in the garage. Good luck with yours and I hope you get it soon.

Yay another new Edge Owner. Congrats and many mile of troublr free driving? Not too sure on what the 202A has. The limited AWD with 302A is what I have. It has the big Sony Radio, navagation. My Ford Touch heated seats lighted door sill plates cargo area thing that i threw out. (cheap) HID head lamps and the LED front lights that serve no real purpose other than to look way cool going down the road and lighted in the garage. Good luck with yours and I hope you get it soon.

I also just became an owner of a silver with black leather AWD SEL w/202a package last week. I was faced with the same dilemma and was looking at LTDs when choosing the right EDGE for me, and opted out for less expensive SEL w/202a package, however I added Nav and vision package. i actually preferred the rims on SEL over LTDs stock ones. From what I can tell, the only thing i'm missing from LTD model are the memory seats, HID lights that come only with 302a package and Sony w/HD radio system. i just couldn't justify spending another 3K-4K on those few extra things, and oh yea, it comes with wooden trim with Limited logo on the dash :)

Edited by drevv

I also just became an owner of a silver with black leather AWD SEL w/202a package last week. I was faced with the same dilemma and was looking at LTDs when choosing the right EDGE for me, and opted out for less expensive SEL w/202a package, however I added Nav and vision package. i actually preferred the rims on SEL over LTDs stock ones. From what I can tell, the only thing i'm missing from LTD model are the memory seats, HID lights that come only with 302a package and Sony w/HD radio system. i just couldn't justify spending another 3K-4K on those few extra things, and oh yea, it comes with wooden trim with Limited logo on the dash :)

I feel the same way about the SEL rims. After doing some work, I figured out exactly what one misses out on by getting the SEL w/202a instead of a Limited:

-No Chrome Wheels (I wouldn't even want them)

-No Sony Audio System w/ 12 speakers and HD Radio Technology (That kinda hurts)

-No Brushed aluminum finish on front door-sill scuff plates (I don't know what that even means)

-No High gloss Black center stack finish (Non-issue)

-No interior "wood paneling" (Don't care)

-No universal garage door opener (My wife parks her car in the garage)

-No Body color door handles and keypad surround

-No Bright beltline moldings

-No heated, body color sideview mirrors with security approach lamps and memory (That woulda been nice)

-No Memory seats

Maybe that info will help someone decide in the future.

Edited by jaymac8888

I feel the same way about the SEL rims. After doing some work, I figured out exactly what one misses out on by getting the SEL w/202a instead of a Limited:

-No Chrome Wheels (I wouldn't even want them)

-No Sony Audio System w/ 12 speakers and HD Radio Technology (That kinda hurts)

-No Brushed aluminum finish on front door-sill scuff plates (I don't know what that even means)

-No High gloss Black center stack finish (Non-issue)

-No interior "wood paneling" (Don't care)

-No universal garage door opener (My wife parks her car in the garage)

-No Body color door handles and keypad surround

-No Bright beltline moldings

-No heated, body color sideview mirrors with security approach lamps and memory (That woulda been nice)

Maybe that info will help someone decide in the future.

For extra $395 your SEL will come equipped with a Vision Package, which includes:

BLIS Blind Spot Information System, park assist sensors, rear view camera, rain sensitive wipers and heated mirrors with security approach lamps. I got it on mine, i think it's the most practical addition and well worth the extra $$$$

Fantastic, another Kona Blue. Yes, great color!

You'll see the brushed aluminum door sills when you enter the car on the LTD. They say Edge. I suspect the SEL's just used plastic or a painted surface. The brushed aluminiun dresses up the door sills a bit and helps protect the surface.

For extra $395 your SEL will come equipped with a Vision Package, which includes:

BLIS Blind Spot Information System, park assist sensors, rear view camera, rain sensitive wipers and heated mirrors with security approach lamps. I got it on mine, i think it's the most practical addition and well worth the extra $$$$

Thanks. For $395 that is definitely worth it. I'll have to call my salesman tomorrow to see if it's not too late to add that to the order. Although the 202a package I ordered does come with the rear view camera, so I'm covered on that front.

Thanks. For $395 that is definitely worth it. I'll have to call my salesman tomorrow to see if it's not too late to add that to the order. Although the 202a package I ordered does come with the rear view camera, so I'm covered on that front.

You're right R/V camera is part of 202a spec package. I would definitely check with the dealer, because park assist and heated mirrors aren't listed anywhere, i just assumed that they were part of vision package, while it may come standard w/202a. Either way i think BLISS w/cross traffic control and rain sensitive wipers alone are worth it. Also try to get the all weather mats ($75), they worth their weight in gold :) I got the sales guy to throw them in with the car. Trust me it wasn't easy, but since i'm also in sales I had to see how far I could take that poor guy. Lets just say that he made several trips into his managers office that day until i got what i wanted and agreed to sign :)

Edited by drevv

I went back and forth on the SEL vs. Limited several times. In the end, the clean look of the Sony radio and the color matched door handles won me over. I also ordered the Tuxedo black front grill to tone down the Chrome front end a bit. When the vehicle comes in, I am having the dealership paint the lower black plastic panels the same color as the body (earth metallic) to further personalize it.

Good luck with yours, I cant wait to get mine !

I went back and forth on the SEL vs. Limited several times. In the end, the clean look of the Sony radio and the color matched door handles won me over. I also ordered the Tuxedo black front grill to tone down the Chrome front end a bit. When the vehicle comes in, I am having the dealership paint the lower black plastic panels the same color as the body (earth metallic) to further personalize it.

Good luck with yours, I cant wait to get mine !

You are definitely right about the clean look of the Sony. The whole radio situation (looks and power) was definitely hard for me to swallow. However the $ saved and the fact that I preferred the 18", non-chrome rims, pushed me to the SEL w/202a. However, I'm worried that I will end up regretting my decision a little. Even still, I have pretty much everything I want.

• 4 weeks later...

In Canada, does the SEL AWD edge have an option to get the park assist? I assume it doesn't come standard. I don't see the option on any trim level on Canadian versions of the edge.

I wasn't aware it came on any Canadian Edge, but the Flex and MKS have it as an option.

Congrats also to jaymac8888 on your new car. Kona Blue is a beautiful colour! It's going to look great in the sunshine.

Edited by KonaSport11

• 3 months later...

Just back from the dealership and I orderd my 2011 Edge. SEL (202a), AWD, Kona Blue, Black Leather. I considered the Limited but it made the most sense to save some money. Also, the 18" rims are more my style.

I had a question:

Besides the radio and wheels, what features am I missing by getting the SEL (202a) instead of the Limited?

Thanks, reading this forum was extremely helpful in choosing my Edge with the best features for me and my family.

The audio system in the limited (Sony) is an upgrade that I believe is not available as an option on the SEL.