Window Sticker just available

GKisaGeek

As an anxious future owner, I check one of the Window Sticker sites daily. This morning my Sticker is now available!!! :yup: Does that mean that the vehicle has been built and in the shipping phase? - the VIN number does not yet work on SyncMyRide.com

thanks, Greg

Hi Greg. :D Not necessarily, but it does mean it is getting close. :woohoo:

Window stickers are printed before actual production begins. There is no exact time period that is foolproof, but approximately one week before production seems to be a good rule of thumb.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I too just got my VIN and window sticker today - there is a date on the bottom (below the bar code) shows 1-17-2011. I also went onto the syncmyride site and got the "error" message which I take means the sync has not been downloaded to that VIN number yet.

Is there any way to tell when it goes onto the assembly line and how long it takes to assemble before it is shipped? Of course shipping time and dealer prep time would be great too but there is a lot of variables involved there.

The reason I ask is because I want all the financing to be done and ready to go when it arrives. Financing is good for 30 days before the preapproval expires so do it too soon and I'll have to repeat the process,

We are getting the Bourdou (sp?) red 2011 Edge Limited FWD with the 302a package, tow kit and cargo package and are anxiously awaiting its' arrival. Already sold the car it is repacing (maybe a little too soon) so can use it now.

I too just got my VIN and window sticker today - there is a date on the bottom (below the bar code) shows 1-17-2011. I also went onto the syncmyride site and got the "error" message which I take means the sync has not been downloaded to that VIN number yet.

Is there any way to tell when it goes onto the assembly line and how long it takes to assemble before it is shipped? Of course shipping time and dealer prep time would be great too but there is a lot of variables involved there.

The reason I ask is because I want all the financing to be done and ready to go when it arrives. Financing is good for 30 days before the preapproval expires so do it too soon and I'll have to repeat the process,

We are getting the Bourdou (sp?) red 2011 Edge Limited FWD with the 302a package, tow kit and cargo package and are anxiously awaiting its' arrival. Already sold the car it is repacing (maybe a little too soon) so can use it now.

Hi midwest. :D Your Dealer can provide the information. In fact, while many are too lazy to do so, it is part of their job.

There is also a "Tracking Board" on the Blue Oval Forums (tracking courtesy of cyberdman), but there are posting criteria which I don't believe you would meet yet (you can check the board for the rules).

Good luck. :beerchug:

I just got mine and I have the same date of 01 17 11 on my window sticker. I put my VIN on the other forum and was told it was scheduled to start production on January 24. So I'm guesssing you will be in the same production run. Should show up on syncmyride late next week once they get to that phase. Dealer says they expect arrival mid to late February so not real helpful. I like you want to get my best financing in place before I go get the vehicle. If Ford wants my business I'm happy to give them one shot to give me their absolute best offer making it clear that I already have financing that I'm happy with and they need to give me their very best offer and I will only give them once shot.

I just got mine and I have the same date of 01 17 11 on my window sticker. I put my VIN on the other forum and was told it was scheduled to start production on January 24. So I'm guesssing you will be in the same production run. Should show up on syncmyride late next week once they get to that phase. Dealer says they expect arrival mid to late February so not real helpful. I like you want to get my best financing in place before I go get the vehicle. If Ford wants my business I'm happy to give them one shot to give me their absolute best offer making it clear that I already have financing that I'm happy with and they need to give me their very best offer and I will only give them once shot.

On my window sticker the date at the bottom, is the current date whenever i view the sticker (it changes) On the good news front, this morning I see that Sync was loaded to the vehicle today, so does that suggest that it is nearing the end of being built and getting ready to ship?

thanks!

On my window sticker the date at the bottom, is the current date whenever i view the sticker (it changes) On the good news front, this morning I see that Sync was loaded to the vehicle today, so does that suggest that it is nearing the end of being built and getting ready to ship?

thanks!

One more thing, my VIN status shows that the vehicle is "bucked" does that mean it is through the assembly process?

thanks!

As far as I have read, the sync software is loaded as the vehicle moves down the line. I would guess that the battery only gets connected near the end of the assembly process so it should be close to finished I have also read somewhere on another board that there are additional inspections and adjustments that happen once it is through the line and that can add days to the process before it ships.

If I'm wrong I expect someone else will correct me.

Edited by 4havnfun

thanks!

The date at the very bottom of the window sticker is the current date however if you look at the box right above that you will see a long stream of numbers and letters. At the very end of that stream you should see something like 01 17 11. That is the date the factory accepted your order and scheduled a production date. The only way to get the actual production date is to have your dealer track it for you or to have an employee track it for you on the blueovalforum. There is a specific forum where someone helps people track vehicles if you know the VIN number. Seeing SYNC installed is a good sign but simply means it has been installed and does not mean production is complete. But it should certaintly ship out by the end of the week once all quality control and checks have been completed. That's all information I have gathered from my readings here and elsewhere. Not expert knowledge by any means.

• 4 weeks later...