Bluetooth not connecting to Phone after Sync Gen 2

Zippy2011

Hello all. I finally conceded and went to the dealer and got the Sync 2 update and am not happy that I did it. Driving off the lot after the update, MFT rebooted itself 3 times and lost connection with my phone numerous times. Next day, MFT wouldn't connect at all. I called Ford Customer Service and was told to do a Master Reset on the Sync system and a soft reset on my phone. This process worked for 3 days and now it's happening again. Called Ford Customer Service again today and was told to pull Fuse 29 to do a Master Reset that will be, and I quote, "ten times bigger than a computer reset". Also, my USB goes crazy several times a day and my volume control raises on it's own. Is anyone else experiencing some of these ridiculous problems? Please offer suggestions if you have solved any of this.

I was having issues such as the white screen, system rebooting 3 to 4 times a day, USB not being recognized, system taking a long time to start up. I will wait a few more days before I pull fuse 29.

Zippy did you bring it just for the update or did you have issues with MFT?

My dealer called me and asked if I wanted to bring my in for an update. My works, but lags. I'm afraid I'll have other issues and dont want to make it worst.

Hello all. I finally conceded and went to the dealer and got the Sync 2 update and am not happy that I did it. Driving off the lot after the update, MFT rebooted itself 3 times and lost connection with my phone numerous times. Next day, MFT wouldn't connect at all. I called Ford Customer Service and was told to do a Master Reset on the Sync system and a soft reset on my phone. This process worked for 3 days and now it's happening again. Called Ford Customer Service again today and was told to pull Fuse 29 to do a Master Reset that will be, and I quote, "ten times bigger than a computer reset". Also, my USB goes crazy several times a day and my volume control raises on it's own. Is anyone else experiencing some of these ridiculous problems? Please offer suggestions if you have solved any of this.

Customer Service actually told you to pull fuse 29?!?

It sounds like you didn't get the update. These are are symptoms that the update should fix.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had all updates and mine will still not sync with my phone, my volume raises on its own usb kicks in on its own etc! Extremely frustrating to the point I want out of the car! Everytime I have had an appt, I get in the car, try to link to services for directions and the phone wont connect! I'll check the display and it it will display Connect a phone, go into settings and it says my phone is connected! I'll disconnect and try to connect and it wont. Then if i am lucky it will go into system update after starting the vehicle shutting it off opening the door and restarting, if not i have to pull the fuse! I have my fuse cover and my pane cover in the glove box because i am tired of pulling them off. I have been late numerous times due to this, plus e911 will not work etc. I bought his 2011 Sport for this feature, I could have stayed in 2007 with full nav!

Anyone know how to get Ford off there butts and fix this!

I have had all updates and mine will still not sync with my phone, my volume raises on its own usb kicks in on its own etc! Extremely frustrating to the point I want out of the car! Everytime I have had an appt, I get in the car, try to link to services for directions and the phone wont connect! I'll check the display and it it will display Connect a phone, go into settings and it says my phone is connected! I'll disconnect and try to connect and it wont. Then if i am lucky it will go into system update after starting the vehicle shutting it off opening the door and restarting, if not i have to pull the fuse! I have my fuse cover and my pane cover in the glove box because i am tired of pulling them off. I have been late numerous times due to this, plus e911 will not work etc. I bought his 2011 Sport for this feature, I could have stayed in 2007 with full nav!

Anyone know how to get Ford off there butts and fix this!

Yeah!! I just joined this club :)

Woke up this morning to find the my Iphone 4 will no longer connect to the car. It has been working flawlessly for the last 3 months but did my V2.4 update 2 weeks ago and it's no longer working now. Coinsedence, maybe, but doubt it.

When I check the phone list, it lists my phone. When I start the car, it tried to connect but wont, then I try to press "connect" after it fails and still nothing…it just keeps trying and trying but wont happen.

I refuse to pull fuse # 29, if it goes that far then the dealer can deal with it.

How do you do a soft reset of the iphone? Is it just turning the power off then back on and same goes with he soft reset on the MyTouch...is there a place that offers this function in the menu? Sorry, never had to look before so not sure where it is. Should I delete the phone from the Touch list and try re-pairing it?

As for someone mentioning having USB issues since the update, me too. I can shut my car off listening to radio or Serious and when I start it back up, it's in the middle of a song from my USB or USB will kick in just like that as well. It also just starts to index for an hour and jams there. This also happened the minute I left the dealer lot with the update and is still happening.

Wonder what njbrandon's dealer did to fix it?

I wonder if this product will ever be prefect.....

How do you do a soft reset of the iphone? Is it just turning the power off then back on and same goes with he soft reset on the MyTouch...is there a place that offers this function in the menu? Sorry, never had to look before so not sure where it is. Should I delete the phone from the Touch list and try re-pairing it?

Hold down the Home button and the Power button until the phone shuts off.

(ignore the slide to power of option)

Yeah!! I just joined this club :)

Woke up this morning to find the my Iphone 4 will no longer connect to the car. It has been working flawlessly for the last 3 months but did my V2.4 update 2 weeks ago and it's no longer working now. Coinsedence, maybe, but doubt it.

When I check the phone list, it lists my phone. When I start the car, it tried to connect but wont, then I try to press "connect" after it fails and still nothing…it just keeps trying and trying but wont happen.

I refuse to pull fuse # 29, if it goes that far then the dealer can deal with it.

My story would be identical to yours except mine is an Android phone. A few days after the Gen2 update was performed, my phone failed to connect for the first time. And it has never connected since despite phone deletes, battery pulls, master resets and the like. Interesting co-incidence indeed.

I will, however, pull the fuse eventually. It just isn't something I look forward to doing, outside in the snow...

Hold down the Home button and the Power button until the phone shuts off.

(ignore the slide to power of option)

Thanks wilsons66604,

I did what you said and unfortunately still nothing. Man what a piss off, one day it works and the next nothing. What could possibly cause it to suddenly fail out of the blue?

After start up when it doesn't connect automatically, I try to manually connect the phone. It pops up a window for no more than a second and you can see the 6 digit Bluetooth code but disappears to show a "pairing failed" message.

You can still hear sync talking with directions how to connect.

Tried 10 times, all failed.

I found the master reset button on the mytouch. Should I attempt doing this to see where it takes me or is the risk for more problems there by trying this?

By the way, what will this reset and what will I lose?

Anyone get their phone back after this problem and how did you fix yours?

Edited by Dreamss

Thanks wilsons66604,

I did what you said and unfortunately still nothing. Man what a piss off, one day it works and the next nothing. What could possibly cause it to suddenly fail out of the blue?

After start up when it doesn't connect automatically, I try to manually connect the phone. It pops up a window for no more than a second and you can see the 6 digit Bluetooth code but disappears to show a "pairing failed" message.

You can still hear sync talking with directions how to connect.

Tried 10 times, all failed.

I found the master reset button on the mytouch. Should I attempt doing this to see where it takes me or is the risk for more problems there by trying this?

By the way, what will this reset and what will I lose?

Anyone get their phone back after this problem and how did you fix yours?

This is what happened to me shortly after I got BluEdge in late September. In mid October, my phone wouldn't pair and I got the split-second code display, then pairing failed. I spoke with Ford CRC and they told me to try a master reset (which didn't work) and if that didn't work, I needed a software "reflash" - basically a re-install of the original software. I got this done at the dealer on Nov 1 with less than 850 miles on the car. Before the car left the service bay, I was able to re-pair my phone and have had zero problems since then. There are some threads about this - check back to around the Oct/Nov timeframe.

This is what happened to me shortly after I got BluEdge in late September. In mid October, my phone wouldn't pair and I got the split-second code display, then pairing failed. I spoke with Ford CRC and they told me to try a master reset (which didn't work) and if that didn't work, I needed a software "reflash" - basically a re-install of the original software. I got this done at the dealer on Nov 1 with less than 850 miles on the car. Before the car left the service bay, I was able to re-pair my phone and have had zero problems since then. There are some threads about this - check back to around the Oct/Nov timeframe.

Thanks for the info. I'll go and try a master reset from the touch screen and if that doesn't work I'll call the 'CRC"....is that the Ford customer service line or something different?

I'll report back after I try the result with the results.

My phone hasn't worked (reliably) since day 1. When the salesman paired my phone when I took delivery, it took about 3 minutes before the "phone disconnected" message came up. The dealer said "Oh, you must have one of those phones that won't stay connected". This pretty much tells me that they're well aware of a problem with the phones. Unlike most of you guys, my phone will reconnect by itself, but will usually disconnect again...and again... Three to five times on a 20 minute ride.

I told him I'd be happy to change phones if he could tell me of a make and model that he's sure will work with the car, but he wasn't able to do that.

• 2 months later...

Hi Zippy2011,

I am having similar problems to yours and others on this forum. I bought my vehicle in the middle of March, and it already has VersionGen2 - V2.4.

It was working for a while, but now I'm experiencing the following bugs:

- Random volume increases

- System is stuck "Connecting to phone..." ; Bluetooth is unuseable

+ Above issue also seems to impact the rest of voice commands, SYNC always thinks it is in the phone menu, and in a call

+ As far as I can remember, the last command I did before problems started happening is the end call button on the wheel. Somehow privacy mode was enabled, and things went South from there

+ Going to the Bluetooth menu and trying to turn it on/off doesn't help. I am not sure if it is really on or off behind the scenes, but it is clearly in a bad state

+ Resetting my Android phone doesn't do jack to help the issue

- Often times the Sirius radio stations names do not populate in the grid box on the home screen, or even on the radio screen.

- UI seems to have lag in the range of half a second

I definitely hope developers from Ford/MFST are monitoring these forums and taking note of all the issues that seem to be on this latest release.

I agree with other posters that pulling a fuse every time it goes bonkers shouldn't be the answer. I guess I am willing to do a master reset if it is available. I am surprised that there is not a simple on/off button to restart it.

BBW