2011 Edge Sport Technical Issues / help

Jonny Zero

Something very peculiar happened about 30 minutes ago....I was backing up into my driveway and the vehicle stalled in the middle of the street. I looked at my instrument panel and observed "low oil pressure" + the "check engine light" was on. I tried to start it multiple times and though it would start, it would stall immediately thereafter.... I took the key out and tried all over again without any issues. It fired up and I parked the vehicle. It was idling fine without any warnings on the instrument panel. ????????????????????????????????????????????

I suppose I'm hoping that this is not an isolated incident and that maybe someone else has been through it and has had the problem fixed? Has anyone had this issue or something similar? There's really no point in taking it in if it is an intermittent problem...I mean, if the vehicle is acting ok and everything is fine if I bring it in, it will be a trip to the dealership for nothing... Any suggestions?

This 2011 Edge Sport only has 1400 kms on it....I purchased it back in October and received it sometime in late November...I haven't driven it much at all, so this is really bothering me. I mean, if it was a daily driver, what would I be dealing with? Know what I mean?

Edited by Jonny Zero

Something very peculiar happened about 30 minutes ago....I was backing up into my driveway and the vehicle stalled in the middle of the street. I looked at my instrument panel and observed "low oil pressure" + the "check engine light" was on. I tried to start it multiple times and though it would start, it would stall immediately thereafter.... I took the key out and tried all over again without any issues. It fired up and I parked the vehicle. It was idling fine without any warnings on the instrument panel. ????????????????????????????????????????????

I suppose I'm hoping that this is not an isolated incident and that maybe someone else has been through it and has had the problem fixed? Has anyone had this issue or something similar? There's really no point in taking it in if it is an intermittent problem...I mean, if the vehicle is acting ok and everything is fine if I bring it in, it will be a trip to the dealership for nothing... Any suggestions?

This 2011 Edge Sport only has 1400 kms on it....I purchased it back in October and received it sometime in late November...I haven't driven it much at all, so this is really bothering me. I mean, if it was a daily driver, what would I be dealing with? Know what I mean?

Not even an idea from anyone??????????????????

The oil pressure light will be ON after a stall as there is no oil pressure. The check engine light, also should be on when the engine isn't running.

The fact you had to power down then restart, it may have stored something in the PCM that the dealer can retrieve.

If the oil pressure light is on when its running, you have a problem, shut it off.

Next time you start it, just turn the key on, or push the button without the brake pedal depressed, you should see those two lights on.

Ughh... Before it stalled there was a notification sound of sorts, so I automatically looked at the instrument panel to notice a message -- " low oil pressure." The CEL came on; THEN it stalled. This didn't appear after it stalled. Hopefully it did store something in the PCM they they may be able to retrieve. I'm getting it checked on Saturday, so thanks for the heads up, despite you thinking I'm some kind of hack. LOL :finger:

It could very well have been an isoloted incident, as pointed out by akirby, as I used to own a Lexus that did something like this the day we sold it! Luckily, they still bought it~!

Thx for chiming in guys.

• 1 month later...

Ughh... Before it stalled there was a notification sound of sorts, so I automatically looked at the instrument panel to notice a message -- " low oil pressure." The CEL came on; THEN it stalled. This didn't appear after it stalled. Hopefully it did store something in the PCM they they may be able to retrieve. I'm getting it checked on Saturday, so thanks for the heads up, despite you thinking I'm some kind of hack. LOL :finger:

It could very well have been an isoloted incident, as pointed out by akirby, as I used to own a Lexus that did something like this the day we sold it! Luckily, they still bought it~!

Thx for chiming in guys.

Sorry, just noticed your post - I posted an item on this back in November...I think. I had the exact same issue. Only once and never again. For me I had been driving about 100km. Pulled into a store parking lot, waited 5-10sec, backed out, moved about 3ft and stalled. Same messages. No idea! There is another member that had a similar issue. I'm over 16000KM now and it only happened once.

• 2 months later...

Same thing happend to me 3 times now.

The very fist time happend while waiting at a gas station. No check engine light.

The recent stalls occured while I was driving on high way. and then retarted after i pulled over and waited for several mins. Then after about 5KM driving, it stalled again at traffic lights. Check engine light came on.

I brought it in to my dealer and was told it is the catalytic converter. Now awaiting the part to replace.

2011 Edge Limited with less than 10K on it

Edited by kenzlf