dealer not interested in x-plan

Edgieguy

In November I went to my local Ford dealership who happens to be the northeast volume leader for 7 years running. I used X-plan plus a slew of cash and incentivesto get an absolutely fabulous deal on my loaded awd sport. I clearly left the dealership happy and feeling like I won. Today I returned with my wife to order her a 2011 Explorer. Since everyone now knows us from a few visits, the sales manager came over and showed me an involved of a similar truck. He said here would be your X-plan price about $200. Over invoice. Your cost on our police program IS $100. UNDER invoice, so we'll save you money. why am I so suspect of them not wanting to go the X-plan route? All comments are welcome, and since were 6-8 weeks out on delivery, I'm sure I can push the X-plan price at delivery, just wondering what the advantage would be for them to not use it.

In November I went to my local Ford dealership who happens to be the northeast volume leader for 7 years running. I used X-plan plus a slew of cash and incentivesto get an absolutely fabulous deal on my loaded awd sport. I clearly left the dealership happy and feeling like I won. Today I returned with my wife to order her a 2011 Explorer. Since everyone now knows us from a few visits, the sales manager came over and showed me an involved of a similar truck. He said here would be your X-plan price about $200. Over invoice. Your cost on our police program IS $100. UNDER invoice, so we'll save you money. why am I so suspect of them not wanting to go the X-plan route? All comments are welcome, and since were 6-8 weeks out on delivery, I'm sure I can push the X-plan price at delivery, just wondering what the advantage would be for them to not use it.

2 possibilities.

1 - they like policemen and give you an even better price than X plan. They still make some money with the holdback. Assuming that the "police" discount is a normal thing that they always do.

2 - they're charging a lower price for the vehicle and they're making up the difference with huge doc fees, add-ons or other upgrades or they're keeping rebates that you'd otherwise be entitled to meaning your out the door price ends up more than X plan. Remember the dealer also gets a spiff check from Ford for X plan sales so instead of $200 over invoice they'd actually be making about $600 or more.

If you know the dealer and this police discount is legit then it's probably #1 - just make sure to check the doc fee and make sure you get any available rebates. One way is to get out the door prices both ways just to be safe.

I Hate Cops.

Lol, me too! Where you on the job? Lol

After looking at my edge paperwork, seems the dealer gave me X-plan plus $500. Law enforcement discount. They are listed in COPS magazine as a special dealer to visit in Nj. With the Edge, they charged all the minimum paperwork fees, as per X-plan. Still, ill ask about out the door between the two.

Lol, me too! Where you on the job? Lol

After looking at my edge paperwork, seems the dealer gave me X-plan plus $500. Law enforcement discount. They are listed in COPS magazine as a special dealer to visit in Nj. With the Edge, they charged all the minimum paperwork fees, as per X-plan. Still, ill ask about out the door between the two.

X plan plus $500? That's not a discount, that's a ripoff. Maybe they don't really like cops...........

X plan plus $500? That's not a discount, that's a ripoff. Maybe they don't really like cops...........

I think he got $500 below X-Plan. Wonder what VinCent had (More than the 3% commission???)

But, I love Cops so I hope he got a great deal!

I got one of the $500 coupons but could not use it with A/Z/D and it only had a 2 week window of opportunity. Would have been good with X-Plan. That would make it sweet. Keep going on the Ford sites and requesting brochures.