New dvd headrest

Member dilgen..here are pics of the dvd headrest i mounted in my egde to replace those annoying and neck breaking factory ford offerings. Member NYedge hooked me up with the info on these back in apr...and i got them...they are outstanding, and they were under $425 for the pair.post-650-1181685803_thumb.jpg

Member dilgen..here are pics of the dvd headrest i mounted in my egde to replace those annoying and neck breaking factory ford offerings. Member NYedge hooked me up with the info on these back in apr...and i got them...they are outstanding, and they were under $425 for the pair.post-650-1181685803_thumb.jpg

Are these from Ford or are they aftermarket?

No, they are aftermarket.....about $1400 cheaper than the ford offerings. Outstanding lcd 7" screens with wireless headsets and remote control....my 5 yr old daughter loves it. She is quiet for hours with dora the explorer in the player.

Edited by SALEENS7

• 2 weeks later...
No, they are aftermarket.....about $1400 cheaper than the ford offerings. Outstanding lcd 7" screens with wireless headsets and remote control....my 5 yr old daughter loves it. She is quiet for hours with dora the explorer in the player.

Hi,

I was wondering if these are mounted in the existing headrest, or is there a new headrest with these installed. We are leasing so I dont know if you can chop up a leased vehicle. Also who makes these.

Thanks

Ken

• 2 months later...

Ok, where did you get them and how much ? How hard were the wires to run ? I am looking into getting these for mine really soon. I have 2 kids and I think it would make trips MUCH easier with them. Also, I havent looked into it too much yet, but you might know..... can you get them where they can be stand alone players for diff movies for each child and then can they play the same movie if they want to watch the same thing? Confusing I know, lol, but really simple at the same time. I want to try to get ones that do both but I am not sure if it is possible.

Ok, where did you get them and how much ? How hard were the wires to run ? I am looking into getting these for mine really soon. I have 2 kids and I think it would make trips MUCH easier with them. Also, I havent looked into it too much yet, but you might know..... can you get them where they can be stand alone players for diff movies for each child and then can they play the same movie if they want to watch the same thing? Confusing I know, lol, but really simple at the same time. I want to try to get ones that do both but I am not sure if it is possible.

The ones from Ford can link together so you watch the same thing on both or play something different on each. The Ford ones also have a ratcheting mechanism so they can tilt forward & back 3 or 4 notches.

Say a little more about the 12-volt accessory source under the passenger seat. I will be installing a ham radio unit, and am interested to hear a description of exactly where you found the power available. I have a SEL+AWD. Both front seats are powered and heated. I'm wondering if the accessory source you found is used to power the passenger seat in my case, and is therefore unavailable?

Thanks for advice.

Pete in VA

I purchased mine from an Ebay seller.

Do a search and find a set you like.

Total install took about 1 hour including wiring.

I used a 12v accessory source under the passenger seat.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Say a little more about the 12-volt accessory source under the passenger seat. I will be installing a ham radio unit, and am interested to hear a description of exactly where you found the power available. I have a SEL+AWD. Both front seats are powered and heated. I'm wondering if the accessory source you found is used to power the passenger seat in my case, and is therefore unavailable?

Thanks for advice.

Pete in VA

Yes, I did use the circuit from the power seats.

You can always go under the dash, but I used the seat circuit because the amp draw is so small for the DVD's.

Saleen...

Hi there. Where did you get yours?

I have looked on Ebay, but they seem to be for certain vehicles such as some are for Chevys and so forth.

I would rather do this option than pay all that money for the Ford ones.

Where can I find them?

Also, how did you know the color of the headrests would match your edge?

Thanks for any answers....

;)

Saleen...

I have looked on Ebay, but they seem to be for certain vehicles such as some are for Chevys and so forth.

Where can I find them?

;)

• 8 months later...
Saleen...

Where can I find them?

;)

I'm looking for a pair of these as well i just bought a slick 08 Limited in copper and was wondering

as well where i can pick some decent ones up? thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a pair of these as well i just bought a slick 08 Limited in copper and was wondering

as well where i can pick some decent ones up? thanks in advance.

[/quote

Ebay seller lettucetrade sells them. They fit many makes and models. I got mine there and they fit very well! I have the charcaol leather and the black ones match great. Word of caution though, GET THE WARRANTY! I had mine around 6 months and one started acting up. Would not read a disk. They are no name players from hong kong. Impossible to get replacement parts and such. The people I got the warranty from were gonna reinburse me if i sent them the one broke unit, but i didnt want to be riding around with my 2 kids and one headrest player. That wouldnt work. SO, we just switched the master player to the one that is not broke so they can still both be used. Guess you have to take those chances when you get them for so cheap.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I was wondering if these are mounted in the existing headrest, or is there a new headrest with these installed. We are leasing so I dont know if you can chop up a leased vehicle. Also who makes these.

Thanks

Ken

NYEdge, sorry, had some trouble following the post trail...what is the brand of the headrest dvds that you installed?

Thanks,

Geoff

• 2 months later...
try XOvision.. start with GX6103

very affordable.

I see the XO Vision model GXD7001 includes the DVD player - not just monitor. They are inexpensive. Anyone have this? Just wondering if the beige matches the Edge Camel leather.

Also - do they work pretty well?

I saw the Audiovox brand at circuit city and the beige is darker than my leather.