Sync Status Checker

I recently checked the syncmyride website to see if any updates were available. I saw a link for the Sync Status Checker that I had not previously seen. I decided to try to install it. The installation was successful (twice) but I was unable to report the successful installation. When I sent an email to the help desk, I received this reply.

The SYNC status checker is not an update and will always be on the update and customize section of our website. Any updates available for your vehicle will be located above the SYNC status checker. We have found that if you run the SYNC status checker without actually updating the vehicle you may get an error during uploading the confirmation files. Sincerely, JohnFord Motor Company SYNC Support Center

So I guess that even though this program is listed as an update, it should be ignored by most users. Too bad they didn't explain that on the webpage. I just wish Ford would have worked out all of these problems before releasing the system. It sure makes them look bad. Potential buyers beware.

I have had the 2.4 update at the dealer, but sync my ride shows that I have the following update available, and in an email from dealer service dept, they said I should do the available update and I can do it myself

BT4T-14D544-BE Version Gen2 - V2.4

SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE

I have no problem doing it myself, but has anybody done this update? What does it do? I am having few, rare problems: occasionally my Blackberry takes a while to sync, or my main screen has gone black a couple of times. It comes back on 30 seconds(?) later or I turn car off/on.

I just don't want to create problems.

I have had the 2.4 update at the dealer, but sync my ride shows that I have the following update available, and in an email from dealer service dept, they said I should do the available update and I can do it myself

BT4T-14D544-BE Version Gen2 - V2.4

SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE

I have no problem doing it myself, but has anybody done this update? What does it do? I am having few, rare problems: occasionally my Blackberry takes a while to sync, or my main screen has gone black a couple of times. It comes back on 30 seconds(?) later or I turn car off/on.

I just don't want to create problems.

It's all part of the fun of owning a new Edge.

Mystery updates that appear then disappear.

Secret updates that only certain owners get.

Updates that aren't updates and should be ignored (but they won't tell you that).

Updates that break your system and cause more problems than you had in the first place.

Updates of updates.

But above all Ford, don't let anyone know exactly what's going on.

It's Ford's secret strategy to confuse, bewilder, and alienate it's customers.

I think someone at Ford once worked for the CIA.

Still............., I like my new Edge.

It's all part of the fun of owning a new Edge.

Mystery updates that appear then disappear.

Secret updates that only certain owners get.

Updates that aren't updates and should be ignored (but they won't tell you that).

Updates that break your system and cause more problems than you had in the first place.

Updates of updates.

But above all Ford, don't let anyone know exactly what's going on.

It's Ford's secret strategy to confuse, bewilder, and alienate it's customers.

I think someone at Ford once worked for the CIA.

Still............., I like my new Edge.

Ha!

Well put

Ha!

Well put

As it was mentioned in the first comment of this topic, SYNC checker is not an update. I also got this information from SYNC support staff. It seems that FORD should have simply stated that on their SyncMyRide website....like there isn't enough confusion/issues with MFT.

The way I see it ,the car owners can do updates but the dealer must do the upgrades. And the :BT4T-14D546-EB Version1.1 SYNC GEN 2 STATUS CHECKER is an upgrade.Does this make sense?As we used to say in the military "As long as we are confused the enemy is confused"

Hi Maritimers

I am guessing that the Status Checker can be run after a dealer installed update to check the results of the the update. It sounds like a science experiment in which you make a few changes and then run some tests to see what the results are. Every once in a while, one of my Windows programs wants to report back to MS about some problem it has encounterred. I think that the status checker performs the same function.

I am sticking with the philosophy--if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Everything in my MFT system seems to work so it will take a pretty spectacular improvement to get me to install anything. After all, I'm still using a computer running Windows Milennium and it works fine.

Cheers