Problems syncing droid x with 2011 Edge

I bought a 2011 Ford Edge Limited Saturday and the salesperson had no problem syncing my phone. It worked fine Sunday and then I started having problems with my phone and took it to Verizon Wireless and the representative there did a hard reset and now I haven't been able to get my phone and sync to recognize each other at the same time. It's the craziest thing! I took it back to Ford and she wasn't able to get it to sync either. I have bluetooth on my phone on and put it in discovery mode and sometimes sync recognizes it and the phone won't and the other times it's right the opposite. Is there some setting on my phone I'm missing?

Thanks!

Pam

I bought a 2011 Ford Edge Limited Saturday and the salesperson had no problem syncing my phone. It worked fine Sunday and then I started having problems with my phone and took it to Verizon Wireless and the representative there did a hard reset and now I haven't been able to get my phone and sync to recognize each other at the same time. It's the craziest thing! I took it back to Ford and she wasn't able to get it to sync either. I have bluetooth on my phone on and put it in discovery mode and sometimes sync recognizes it and the phone won't and the other times it's right the opposite. Is there some setting on my phone I'm missing?

Thanks!

Pam

On my iPhone, I delete Sync from my BlueTooth list and On Touch, I delete the iPhone. Then I tell Touch to add a device while phone is in discovery.....yada yada

also,

Check the version of your Sync Software ( check your www.MySync.com account for updates)

This is what I did to sync my droid X.

Push the (add phone) button on the sync system on 2011 Edge. It should display a dialog box with the security code to enter into your phone.

While this dialog box is showing, go to your droid x, (settings), (wireless &network setting), (bluetooth settings), (scan for devices).

The phone should show that it found a new device. It should say "Sync".

Press that on your phone. A dialog box on the phone should come up and ask for the security code on the new device.

Enter it and then scroll screen down for button that will say OK or save.

This is from memory as it has been a while since I did this myself so I might have left out a step or two. I tried the discoverable mode from the droid x as well, but it did not work.

Nothing is working. I have done a hard reset of my phone twice, tried sync without my phone in discovery mode and with it in discovery mode. Now while listening to music from my USB the music will stop and then start playing again only to move to the next song. This is on downloaded music and music I took from my cd's and put on the USB. I have no problem playing these through my ipod (not connected to sync). I traveled today using my navigation for the first time. I got to my destination ok and then when I tried entering my home address manually it wouldn't allow me to type out my city. I tried speaking it, with no luck (apparently my southern draw is too much for sync!). I've spent a lot of money on this car to be this frustrated this soon! I was thinking I was getting a nice car and now I'm too irritated to enjoy it!

Nothing is working. I have done a hard reset of my phone twice, tried sync without my phone in discovery mode and with it in discovery mode. Now while listening to music from my USB the music will stop and then start playing again only to move to the next song. This is on downloaded music and music I took from my cd's and put on the USB. I have no problem playing these through my ipod (not connected to sync). I traveled today using my navigation for the first time. I got to my destination ok and then when I tried entering my home address manually it wouldn't allow me to type out my city. I tried speaking it, with no luck (apparently my southern draw is too much for sync!). I've spent a lot of money on this car to be this frustrated this soon! I was thinking I was getting a nice car and now I'm too irritated to enjoy it!

Is it possible you are trying to connect with your phone while it is connected to wifi? From my experience, and from what several others have written on the owner-to-owner forums, having an active wifi connection (as might be the case if you are within range of your home wireless network) can cause sync to refuse all bluetooth connection requests.

It ended up being a problem with the MyFordTouch system. I had to take it to the dealership and they tried to perform updates that didn't work. Then they had to do a factory reset. They said mine was the first with MyFordTouch that had been in and they really didn't know what to do. Long story short, it's working now and I hope I don't have any more problems with it.

Thanks for all the input.

Thanks!

Pam

I purchased my 2011 Ford Edge and was having the same problem. It worked the first night and then wouldn't connect the next day, and I haven't been able to get it to work until today. I don't know if the wireless network near my home had something to do with it, but I went into the settings of my Edge and changed the priority from wireless to blue tooth, and then when I arrived to work I was able to properly add the phone where it showed SYNC in the BT area of my phone. What amazes me is that there seems to be so many different ways to add a phone, and what worked for me today might not necessarily work tomorrow. Good luck....Mike

It ended up being a problem with the MyFordTouch system. I had to take it to the dealership and they tried to perform updates that didn't work. Then they had to do a factory reset. They said mine was the first with MyFordTouch that had been in and they really didn't know what to do. Long story short, it's working now and I hope I don't have any more problems with it.

Thanks for all the input.

I would be curious to know if your Droid X will load your contact pictures onto you MyFordTouch screen. From all the posts I am seeing, I cannot find a phone that supports all the features that the MFT has. I have a Droid Eris, you would think it would work, but I cannot text, see my contact pictures either. I just got my Edge on Monday, and I'm starting to get frustrated too - already!

Does anyone know what phones DO work?