Stock speakers on EDGE SEL 2011

Hey guys, I got my EDGE 2011 and I've been loving my speaker system but I haven't been able to find out the stock specifications on the sound system for the SEL. My middle console doesn't have the black finish with the sony branding I've been seeing on Ford stock photos. Seeing that, I don't believe they are sony speakers. I've looked through the manual and certain 2011 SEL full car specifications on the Ford site but no dice. Do all stock speakers for the SEL's come with sonys? Can anyone help me prove my theory?

Hey guys, I got my EDGE 2011 and I've been loving my speaker system but I haven't been able to find out the stock specifications on the sound system for the SEL. My middle console doesn't have the black finish with the sony branding I've been seeing on Ford stock photos. Seeing that, I don't believe they are sony speakers. I've looked through the manual and certain 2011 SEL full car specifications on the Ford site but no dice. Do all stock speakers for the SEL's come with sonys? Can anyone help me prove my theory?

Only the head unit is Sony anyway - not the speakers. Are you looking to upgrade?

Good to know. The SONY branded system sounds great in my opinion, but the cheapest upgrade to any system has always been pulling the stock speakers and adding a quality name brand. Crutchfield is great resource for this.

http://www.crutchfield.com/

Maybe summertime Ill look into changing out the stocks for some Infinitiy's. Thanks again for pointing this out.

• 2 months later...

Good to know. The SONY branded system sounds great in my opinion, but the cheapest upgrade to any system has always been pulling the stock speakers and adding a quality name brand. Crutchfield is great resource for this.

http://www.crutchfield.com/

Maybe summertime Ill look into changing out the stocks for some Infinitiy's. Thanks again for pointing this out.

I agree. In my opinion the Sony branded system (of the 2011 limited) sounds somewhat better than the stock system in the SEL. I believe in the LTD version of the 2011 Edge you also have a subwoofer that is not provided in the SEL model.

I have been somewhat dissapointed in the sony system in my 2011 sport. My dodge caliber was far superior in sound quality and range with the "music-gate" system. The stock speakers definetly will be replaced ASAP. At times it bugs me so much i just turn the radio off. Sirius radio sounds all out awful and for some reason HD radio sounds quite a bit worse than regular radio. CDs and MP3s sound ok but thats where the speakers them selves show their weakness.