Newbie Questions

Hey everyone. I just picked up my new 2011 Edge SEL tonight! Very excited! Been playing with the MFT in the garage trying to get the feel for it. Two things I wanted to ask though and was hoping someone could help.

One, is there a way to turn down the woman's voice? I went to settings and found a setting where I lower it and she keeps saying softer, softer, softer but then when I click the button on the steering wheel, she's as loud as she ever was. <??>

Two, I have a Samsung Fascinate cell phone and was wondering if anyone else has this phone? If so, are you able to get text messaging to work via bluetooth? It says that text messaging is not available with my phone via bluetooth but was hoping that there was a way around that?

Both aren't huge deals but I if someone could provide some assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Congrats!

Thanks! I was able to figure out how to turn down the voice. . as easy as turning down the volume on the radio! After looking in settings, who would have known it was that easy! Still have the text issue with my phone though but I'm guessing that the Fascinate just isn't supported. :(

Thanks! I was able to figure out how to turn down the voice. . as easy as turning down the volume on the radio! After looking in settings, who would have known it was that easy! Still have the text issue with my phone though but I'm guessing that the Fascinate just isn't supported. :(

Don't feel bad.. neither is the iPhone. Just picked up my black Edge Sport on Saturday and found out through this forum that the phone currently isn't supported for text messaging. Bummer, but there are so many other awesome features, I won't miss the texting that much. Now if I could only figure out how to set the "Presets" for radio and Sirus.. Hmmmmmm

How do you set the radio presets - tune to your station and select on of the preset buttons on the right side of the radio. Hold the button and if I remember correctly, you briefly lose audio and then the system's back. Your preset's now set to the new station. The manual seems to indicate a different sequence, but maybe the way I interpreted the documentation.

Don't feel bad.. neither is the iPhone. Just picked up my black Edge Sport on Saturday and found out through this forum that the phone currently isn't supported for text messaging. Bummer, but there are so many other awesome features, I won't miss the texting that much. Now if I could only figure out how to set the "Presets" for radio and Sirus.. Hmmmmmm

Technically, Sync isn't supported by the iPhone, not the other way around. As I explained already it's the iphone that doesn't have the proper bluetooth protocol.

I didn't say there was another option. Ford chose to include features that almost no one could use.

(It was a selling point)

This was a preexisting published bluetooth protocol. Ford chose to support it. Cell phone mfrs have not.

Ford didn't create the protocol. Ford can't force cell phone mfrs to support the protocol.

Ford advertised the feature which does work with at least one group of phones. You think that's misleading. I think it's smart marketing.

There is always a lag between the consumer of a feature and feature providers. Up until MFT there probably were no major bluetooth devices capable of displaying contact photos or reading text messages so there was no reason for the cell phone mfrs to support that protocol. Now you have potentially hundreds of thousands of devices available and I'm sure the cell phone mfrs will start adding support for related protocols.