iPhone 4 Issues

A bit Edgy

With all the thousands of iphone users out there - has anyone gotten a good answer as to why neither contact pictures or addresses show up on the MFT? If Ford is listening, it would be awesome (and seemingly simple) to have contact address show up and be "touchable" to send to the navigation system to set as a destination. I replaced my 2+ year old Blackberry Curve (which displayed pictures and addresses on my MFT) with a new Verizon iphone 4 and now no contact pictures and no addresses. I can only assume that the MIcrosoft software in MFT isn't capable of handling the latest phone upgrades as I have read similar complaints from Droid users. Anybody have any info to share?

With all the thousands of iphone users out there - has anyone gotten a good answer as to why neither contact pictures or addresses show up on the MFT? If Ford is listening, it would be awesome (and seemingly simple) to have contact address show up and be "touchable" to send to the navigation system to set as a destination. I replaced my 2+ year old Blackberry Curve (which displayed pictures and addresses on my MFT) with a new Verizon iphone 4 and now no contact pictures and no addresses. I can only assume that the MIcrosoft software in MFT isn't capable of handling the latest phone upgrades as I have read similar complaints from Droid users. Anybody have any info to share?

Sync supports the feature - the iphone and other phones do not. There aren't many (if any) bluetooth devices out there that use that protocol to exchange contact photos so the cell phone companies have chosen not to implement them yet.

Sync supports the feature - the iphone and other phones do not. There aren't many (if any) bluetooth devices out there that use that protocol to exchange contact photos so the cell phone companies have chosen not to implement them yet.

I wonder what phone Ford uses in their commercials to get the phonebook photos to appear??

• 3 weeks later...

I just downloaded and installed iOS 4.3 on my iPhone and found it's got new MyFordTouch capabilities. Instead of just allowing pause, play and skip when playing Bluetooth streaming audio, I'm now able to fast forward and reverse through the audio too - a definite plus.

I haven't had a chance to try Phonebook pictures, or SMS to voice yet, but a guy can be hopeful, right?

I just downloaded and installed iOS 4.3 on my iPhone and found it's got new MyFordTouch capabilities. Instead of just allowing pause, play and skip when playing Bluetooth streaming audio, I'm now able to fast forward and reverse through the audio too - a definite plus.

I haven't had a chance to try Phonebook pictures, or SMS to voice yet, but a guy can be hopeful, right?

The bluetooth audio changes were all I heard mentioned so I wouldn't get too excited about pictures and texting.

I'm glad to hear this.

It would be real cool if SMS worked but doubt that it will. I'll know more later today when I install 4.3