Miles on New

thinguy

What do you consider too many miles for a new car on the lot? 50, 100, 200, 300?

Obviously from a buyer you want as few as possible so you can see the roll around to 10, 100, etc, but when does that number become a legitimate bargaining point?

Seen some edges with anything from 3 to 240.

What do you consider too many miles for a new car on the lot? 50, 100, 200, 300?

Obviously from a buyer you want as few as possible so you can see the roll around to 10, 100, etc, but when does that number become a legitimate bargaining point?

You'll put 240 miles on your new vehicle in just a few days. It wouldn't make any difference to me.

II got my sport with 29. It was driven to my dealer from the main dealership and that accounted for 14 miles, I don't know how much Ford moves the cars from factory to trains to holding lots, so 29 in my hands seemed like nothing. A few test drives could account for 300 if it were an early unit and people want to drive one before ordering. I drove their test sport almost 30 miles before I bought.

My 07 SEL+ had 320 miles on it. 35,000 miles later and zero problems. I was a little concerned at the time, wondering where

the car had been, But it turned out fine.

Picked mine up with 15 miles on it last month. Helped the dealer peal off all the plastic from the outside as well as the inside of the car before my first test drive. it already had 11 and i put another 4 miles on the test drive. I was still shopping around, so had no intention of driving it off the lot the same day. But when i came back few days later after it still had 15 miles, 11 miles it had plus 4 that was from my test drive.

Edited by drevv