Ford ESP pricing

I have decided to get the Ford ESP PremiumCare plan. The quote I got from my dealer seemed high so I did some internet shopping. There are some Ford dealers in other states that have much better ESP prices. Mentioned this to my dealer, but they aren't interested in quoting anything besides the factory prices. They tried to tell me that because I'm in California where emissions standards are stricter I should get my ESP in California. That makes no sense. The Ford ESP is a nationwide plan accepted at any Ford service center. Plus, emissions repairs don't happen until a car is more than 10 years old.

Anyway... I wanted to ask this forum if anyone's had dealings with Lombard Ford in Connecticut (http://www.fordwarrantys.com) or Zeigler Ford in Michigan (http://www.fordfactoryplans.com). Here are the quotes I got for the PremiumCare plan, 84 months and 36,000 miles, $0 and $50 deductible, incl. first day rental coverage...

My dealer (same as flmowner.com:

$ 0 deductible: $940

$ 50 deductible: $830

fordwarrantys.com (Lombard Ford):

$ 0 deductible: $760

$50 deductible: $714

fordfactoryplans.com (Zeigler Ford):

$ 0 deductible: $615

$50 deductible: $505

Obviously, the quote from Zeigler is the best of the three. Has anyone gotten their ESP from Zeigler? My own service dept. said they've had several customers mention they got theirs from fordwarrantys.com.

Any and all comments appreciated.

P.S. My lease expires on Tuesday so not much more time to deal with quotes.

Edited by mellodrone

Just purchased mine today from Ziegler. See discussion about warranties and prices on ESP here http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5646-warranties-wearcare-pricing/

It doesn't make any difference where you buy the ESP as long as it is a Ford Dealer. As you will see from the referenced discussion Zielger and Flood Ford seem to be the best on price.

Just purchased mine today from Ziegler. See discussion about warranties and prices on ESP here http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5646-warranties-wearcare-pricing/

It doesn't make any difference where you buy the ESP as long as it is a Ford Dealer. As you will see from the referenced discussion Zielger and Flood Ford seem to be the best on price.

Thank you. I did scan the forum for other answers but must have missed that one so I appreciate the link. Looks like some folks have had difficulty getting in touch with Ziegler. Michael Case has been getting right back to me (via email), so maybe their communication has improved. Since it's all a crapshoot and chances are I won't have any warranty repairs over the next four years, I feel much better spending a few hundred dollars less for an ESP. Plus, it always seems like when you don't have "insurance," more stuff goes wrong. :) Michael told me if I placed the order this weekend they'd get me in the Ford system Monday morning. I'm going to my dealer to buy my car Monday afternoon. I will be SO glad to be done with all this negotiating.

Thank you. I did scan the forum for other answers but must have missed that one so I appreciate the link. Looks like some folks have had difficulty getting in touch with Ziegler. Michael Case has been getting right back to me (via email), so maybe their communication has improved. Since it's all a crapshoot and chances are I won't have any warranty repairs over the next four years, I feel much better spending a few hundred dollars less for an ESP. Plus, it always seems like when you don't have "insurance," more stuff goes wrong. :) Michael told me if I placed the order this weekend they'd get me in the Ford system Monday morning. I'm going to my dealer to buy my car Monday afternoon. I will be SO glad to be done with all this negotiating.

Hi mellodrone. :D If you re-read the thread which curlysir linked to above, you will see that I was the Forum member who first recommended Harold Ziegler Ford/Automotive Group. Also, If you reread the thread you will see it was not so much a communications problem on the Ziegler end, as just a simple matter of MrHappy (the OP in the other thread) hitting the wrong prompt button when he was in the Ziegler ESP Plan voice mail system. Once MrHappy realized his accidental error and entered the correct prompt, Michal Case got right back to him.

Anyway, what I can tell you is what I stated in the linked thread: After much Internet and Local Dealership ESP shopping, I received the lowest price from him and the experience was very professional. Copy of quotes were immediately sent to my E-mail, and when I actually purchased, the contract copy was also immediately sent to my E-mail. My credit card was charged for the proper amount and when I checked with my local Lincoln Dealership, the correct ESP Plan was properly registered for my vehicle.

In the end, when purchasing an ESP over the Internet, all that matters is you are treated courteously and professionally and you get the correct Plan for the correct price. That is what I got from Michael Case at Harold Ziegler Automotive. Once I was happy with the service, I asked him if it was okay that I let others know, and of course he said yes.

I highly recommend doing business with them. If you have any questions, feel free to post back.

Good luck. :beerchug:

bbf... thank you for posting about Ziegler and replying to my message. Your initial post helped ease my mind and will save me a few hundred. In these times, every dollar helps.

My dealer, known for manipulating customers by omitting or flat-out lying about info, once again tried to squeeze more money out of me. The warranty manager gave me an initial quote of $1,400 and would not even offer me a lower mileage price. I cannot wait to own my car so that I'm no longer tied to them. (I know this is what car dealerships do, but somehow mine seems worse!)

Going with Ziegler allows me to opt for the $0 deductible, which I think is a nice thing to have. I received an e-mail from Ziegler today... I'll be paying for my ESP this weekend. Even though it takes effect immediately, I will feel more confident once it's in the Ford system on Monday.

Note to 4havnfun... my 3 year/36,000 factory warranty expires on Tuesday, along with my lease. So Monday is my last day to extend my warranty without losing options, paying more, and facing a possible service inspection. I'm really glad I took the time to do some online research, even though I'm cutting it close, as the research has saved me quite a bit of money.