Carpet floor mat suggestions

I'm looking to purchase some carpeted floor mats for our new 2011 Edge for summer use. I'll be buying Weather Tech mats in the fall for winter use, so these need to be high quality summer only mats with carpet and not fully plastic/rubber. I'd like better coverage than the stock floor mats - in particular something that covers the dead pedal area. Also, I'd really like something custom fit for our Edge. Anyone have any suggestions?

I am looking at these, as they seem like high quality and have custom fit. Anyone have any experience?

My link

I'm looking to purchase some carpeted floor mats for our new 2011 Edge for summer use. I'll be buying Weather Tech mats in the fall for winter use, so these need to be high quality summer only mats with carpet and not fully plastic/rubber. I'd like better coverage than the stock floor mats - in particular something that covers the dead pedal area. Also, I'd really like something custom fit for our Edge. Anyone have any suggestions?

I am looking at these, as they seem like high quality and have custom fit. Anyone have any experience?

My link

I saw some mats called Catch-it-all made by Nifty... apparently they are all weather, but carpet at the same time. Maybe look into those?

I went through AutoAnything.com and got the Lloyd TruBerber Floor Mats for the front and back. They don't have the Edge on them but look really good, and cover the front driver and passenger foot area completely. I have the medium light stone cloth interior and the light carpet shows everything. I was looking for full coverage from side to side in the front and they deliver it. I also picked up the Canvasback cover for the back. Velcro sticks to the back of the rear seats and all the way around the back area. I was looking for something to keep my pups fur at bay and this is also full coverage in the Hawaiian black & white.

My link

Those mats you linked are gorgeous! I might have to consider them. I didn't look closely enough to see if they have the factory securing holes in them. The quality looks good though.

I went through AutoAnything.com and got the Lloyd TruBerber Floor Mats for the front and back. They don't have the Edge on them but look really good, and cover the front driver and passenger foot area completely. I have the medium light stone cloth interior and the light carpet shows everything. I was looking for full coverage from side to side in the front and they deliver it. I also picked up the Canvasback cover for the back. Velcro sticks to the back of the rear seats and all the way around the back area. I was looking for something to keep my pups fur at bay and this is also full coverage in the Hawaiian black & white.

Thanks for the answer, that's a big help.

So one more question - did they cover the dead pedal area also? I really feel the factory floor mats leave a lot to be desired and am really looking for more coverage on areas where I'll likely be resting my feet - like the dead pedal where they offer no coverage. Sounds like the Lloyd ones do indeed cover more but I saw one picture on their website that looked to be Lincoln MKX mats and they appeared to have a piece that covered the dead pedal.

Those mats you linked are gorgeous! I might have to consider them. I didn't look closely enough to see if they have the factory securing holes in them. The quality looks good though.

Another question I have and forgot to ask....will they have the two holes that 2011s have? I may have to email them to find out I guess. Perhaps Chino Girl will let us know what year Edge she has....her post was quite positive about the Lloyd mats.

I agree, the mats look like very high quality for a reasonable price so I really hope they work. For sure if I do order them I'll be posting a review with full photos so everyone can see.

Another question I have and forgot to ask....will they have the two holes that 2011s have? I may have to email them to find out I guess. Perhaps Chino Girl will let us know what year Edge she has....her post was quite positive about the Lloyd mats.

I agree, the mats look like very high quality for a reasonable price so I really hope they work. For sure if I do order them I'll be posting a review with full photos so everyone can see.

Shiggins,

The photo on this page looks like it is from an Edge (has the edge sill plate anyway), and as far as I can see covers everything, though pictures can be deceiving. These mats look awesome though! Will definitely be picking up a set of these myself!

http://www.lloydmats.com/linksFORD.htm