22" Edge Sport Wheels on fordparts.com

spongers

They are selling the 22" Sport wheels for $1507 USD on fordparts.com. You might say that is not bad, except for the fact that cost is PER WHEEL!!! :doh:

Really? $6000 for four of those wheels? You have to be kidding me! This is what it says under the price when you add the WHEEL to the cart:

Quantity Per Vehicle: 4

Package Quantity: 1

Weight: 46

If that doesn't clarify that they are seriously selling it for $1500 per wheel. Oh man, I think I fainted!! Or maybe just farted, or maybe both.

Come on Ford!!!

They are selling the 22" Sport wheels for $1507 USD on fordparts.com. You might say that is not bad, except for the fact that cost is PER WHEEL!!! :doh:

Really? $6000 for four of those wheels? You have to be kidding me! This is what it says under the price when you add the WHEEL to the cart:

Quantity Per Vehicle: 4

Package Quantity: 1

Weight: 46

If that doesn't clarify that they are seriously selling it for $1500 per wheel. Oh man, I think I fainted!! Or maybe just farted, or maybe both.

Come on Ford!!!

Think about it. Its a FORGED 22" aluminum wheel designed for the Edge Sport and only the Edge Sport.

Its all about scale. You have a production of about 10,000 sets (how many Edge sports were made?), it will cost significantly more than if you made 500,000 sets (18" painted rim shared by Edge, Fusion, Explorer etc).

design, tooling (huge efforts in machinery and power required to make a forged rim versus cast), and finishing (polishing doesn't come cheap) all add to the cost of the rims.

You're better off finding an aftermarket forged rim, at least you will be able to replace it more easily. I also think the Ford rims are a bit heavy for forged aluminum.

Honestly, they could have made the wheels cheaper and the Sport edition faster by including a 20" standard on Sport with 22" options for BOTH Limited and Sport. (yes, i understand that high flow dampers were designed to handle the unsprung weight of the Sport)

OEM wheels from a dealer are priced so high because they can get away with highway robbery. It is assumed by the marketing dept that insurance companies are going to pick up the tab. That is why other sources for the identical item are so much cheeper. The insurance companies let them get away with this scam because they pick up the charge in their insurance rates. One hand washes the other.