Vehicle Health Report

tpm419419

Hello

I ran a Vehicle Health Report today on my 2011 Edge. The report stated I need to see the dealer for service because the vehicle brake light was shown to be on. I am thinking because I ran the report while my parking brake was activated that it gave a false positive. Anyone get this while running a report?

The report suggests I run another report with the P brake off. I know that I don't have a brake issue but it could make someone run back to the dealer for no reason

Just a heads up

• 1 year later...

I have a 2012 Edge (December 2011), and I've encountered that same issue twice. I need to take my Edge to the dealer for something else (minor), so I'm going to have them check it out anyway.

But I'm also curious how the reminder to run a health report is supposed to work. I have mine set to notify me every 5,000 miles. So about 500 miles away from that interval, I started getting the reminder. At first I pressed 'Remind Me Later', because I'm anal and wanted to wait until I was closer to the exact interval. Then I eventually got tired of the nag, and decided to run it anyway. But now that I'm past the interval, I'm still getting the nag.

I never got the reminder under the old version of MFT, so I don't know if this is 'normal', or is this something that's now working quite right with the new MFT.

• 3 weeks later...