Sync Server Upgrades

Hate to start a thread for a temporary thing, but...

...word is the Ford Sync servers will be updated this weekend, 4/9-4/11. No dealer updates can be performed during this time and the syncmyride website will also be unavailable. (Let's hope they provide support for new browser versions). May be Tuesday before the site's available.

...word is the Ford Sync servers will be updated this weekend, 4/9-4/11. No dealer updates can be performed during this time and the syncmyride website will also be unavailable. (Let's hope they provide support for new browser versions). May be Tuesday before the site's available.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't usually enjoy that much downtime, but that means that they are doing something potentially meaningful.

Thats a long time for any server upgrade. Any idea where that rumor started? Did Ford inform dealers not to perform upgrades this weekend?

Thats a long time for any server upgrade. Any idea where that rumor started? Did Ford inform dealers not to perform upgrades this weekend?

About a week/10 days ago ago I was going to get the 2.7 update but the day I selected dealer told me sync site would be down and he couldn't do it . He later contacted me and told me the date was moved back, which I guess is now this weekend. I think a weekend is fine as a lot of dealer service depts are not open on Sat and no dealers here are open on sundays

SyncMyRide is available right now. I just had 2.7 installed at the dealer last Monday 4/4, which is showing up as a confirmed installation. It says I have an update, but dosen't show what the update is.

I dropped my vehicle off yesterday and was told the servers were down in order to reconfigure the way they do updates, and to post another update, beyond 2.7. I didn't get 2.7 done because of the downtime, but have to come back anyway for the body control module recall. They failed to mention they had to order the part from Ford, and instead of doing that before I got there, they waited to see what they needed once I got there. Needless to say I was not happy.

SyncMyRide is available right now. I just had 2.7 installed at the dealer last Monday 4/4, which is showing up as a confirmed installation. It says I have an update, but dosen't show what the update is.

Same here....except I'm still on 2.4, but still doesn't show what update is available or how to get the update. Good thing Ford updated the servers to make them even more cryptic than before. At least before they updated the servers, it showed no update available (even though I knew 2.7 was out) so I could pretend to live in blissful ignorance that I was current.