2011 Ford Edge Sport - just built with Sync VersionGen2 - V2.8

I haven't got my New Edge yet, looks like it is just coming off the assembly line.

It has the following Sync version according to Syncmyride web site.

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.8

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AM

BT4T-14F496-AP

BT4T-14F497-AM

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AM

Waiting to download 0 items.

Edited by tmbubell

Cal, why are you such an ass? Seriously, leave people alone. I have been watching you troll these boards the last few days and drum up trouble everywhere you go...stop being an asshole and move on.

You are obviously trolling.

Did you read the original post and the subsequent post or are you searching for my posts to rip into me?

I'm here reading the board and looking for conversation. When a post like this shows up in a thread that has no bearing on it I wonder if it is SPAM or a mis-post.

My question is:

What does

"The standard engine to the Ford Edge sport package include 3496 CC Duratec V6 version that delivers 198 hp of power at 6250 rpm and torque of 250 lb ft at 4500 rpm. It is mated to standard 6-speed automatic transmission."

have to do with

"I haven't got my New Edge yet, looks like it is just coming off the assembly line.

It has the following Sync version according to Syncmyride web site."

The 2011 Sport doesn't even come with the 3496 CC duratec... and 198hp?

No wonder this site is so lacking. Random misinformation with wanna be troll-mods trying to protect it

EDIT: Spongers, you should read the whole thread and all its words before becoming so inflammatory. Maybe fill out your Signature, Avatar and profile and tell us about yourself... instead of being just a facade.

Edited by cal3thousand

Perhaps he simply replied to the wrong topic. It's nothing to get upset about.

Knock off the name-calling and personal attacks (both of you).

Thanks for shedding light about the mis-post.

I apologize for the WTF part... apparently, it was not received as jovially as was intended.

backtotopic.gif: Is this v2.8 something that will have to be installed by the dealer? And if so, what type of installs can actually be done by the owner?

You are obviously trolling.

Did you read the original post and the subsequent post or are you searching for my posts to rip into me?

I'm here reading the board and looking for conversation. When a post like this shows up in a thread that has no bearing on it I wonder if it is SPAM or a mis-post.

My question is:

What does

"The standard engine to the Ford Edge sport package include 3496 CC Duratec V6 version that delivers 198 hp of power at 6250 rpm and torque of 250 lb ft at 4500 rpm. It is mated to standard 6-speed automatic transmission."

have to do with

"I haven't got my New Edge yet, looks like it is just coming off the assembly line.

It has the following Sync version according to Syncmyride web site."

The 2011 Sport doesn't even come with the 3496 CC duratec... and 198hp?

No wonder this site is so lacking. Random misinformation with wanna be troll-mods trying to protect it

EDIT: Spongers, you should read the whole thread and all its words before becoming so inflammatory. Maybe fill out your Signature, Avatar and profile and tell us about yourself... instead of being just a facade.

Oh, I agree, (and I read the whole post so stop assuming for me that I didn't, thanks) that the post has nothing to do with the original question, but why do you have to "WTF" it? Even though it is an acronym, the words in it are pretty inflammatory, and really are not needed at all.

Just because I do not fill out my avatar or information doesn't me I am a facade, just means I prefer not to, again, an assumption on your part, which if you go back and read all of your posts, you seem to be full of.

Sorry akirby, this guy just rubs me the wrong way (and other members from what I have been reading the last few days, not putting words in their mouths, just what I am observing), and someone needed to say something. Guess it shouldn't have been me on this post.

I haven't got my New Edge yet, looks like it is just coming off the assembly line.

It has the following Sync version according to Syncmyride web site.

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.8

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AM

BT4T-14F496-AP

BT4T-14F497-AM

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AM

Waiting to download 0 items.

Tm, this seems to jive with what others are hearing about 2.7. I was in the dealership wanting to get my 2.7 update done, but couldn't last weekend because the syncmyride servers were down :(. Long story short the tech said they were releasing another update beyond 2.7, so perhaps 2.8 from the factory is what he was talking about. He also mentioned they were overhauling the way they delivered updates, which is why the servers were down, though that sounded like speculation so who knows.

Sorry akirby, this guy just rubs me the wrong way (and other members from what I have been reading the last few days, not putting words in their mouths, just what I am observing), and someone needed to say something. Guess it shouldn't have been me on this post.

Understood. Just didn't want it to escalate any further.

This is my conversation with Sync rep. regarding 2.8 update.

See below.

Brian: At this time the 2.8 update is not available as website update. From my understanding the 2.7 is update that required a dealership install.

you: ok thanks

Brian: The 2.8 update should be available in Early May 2011.

you: ok

Brian: You may receive a letter from Ford Motor Co. in regards this update.

Brian: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

you: Thanks

• Like 1