Low/High Beam clicking , moving??

I just bought a 2011 edge sport 2 weeks ago. I was wondering how exactly the high/low beams work since it is in a projector type housing. When you cycle to high beam and back to low it sounds like something clicks or moves within the housing. Is it something moving so that the beam of light raises up? Anyone know how exaclty they have it set up ? Also i have not taken the bulb out but is it a dual filiment like a normal high/low beam bulb? Thanks in advance for any info.

I just bought a 2011 edge sport 2 weeks ago. I was wondering how exactly the high/low beams work since it is in a projector type housing. When you cycle to high beam and back to low it sounds like something clicks or moves within the housing. Is it something moving so that the beam of light raises up? Anyone know how exaclty they have it set up ? Also i have not taken the bulb out but is it a dual filiment like a normal high/low beam bulb? Thanks in advance for any info.

There is a semi-circular shield which pivots out of the way for high beam. That is the noise you hear. The bulb does not move.

• Like 1

So it uses one single bulb for high and low beam am i correct? So the sheild just moves out of the way to allow the correct light path. So when people convert over to hid lighting the high beam and low beam still works correct? Thank you for the input again.

Correct, when you retrofit HIDs in the high beams still work. If you go that route, please don't forget to check and adjust the headlamp elevation. No one likes being blinded by oncoming traffic.

Ok great thank you for the quick replies. I am thinking about going the hid route. I have been reading about the convertion. With all the stuff on here is a little confusing about what bulb size to use 9006 9012 blablabla. I am guessing its better to get the harness that goes directly to the battery and uses your original to trigger the relay from the harness to come on . But i am still reading on what bulb size. The place or person to gt the kit from doesnt really matter i dont think they are all cheap rebranded china stuff anyways. I thought i saw that you did retro your to hid what bulb size did you use and did you have any clearance issues with high low beams?

Edited by Mystichrome