Shiny Tires

I purchased Tuf Shine from Detailed Image this past week. I just got around to applying the wonder product.

The hardest part was getting 6 months of silicone tire shine washed off the tires. The Tuf Shine cleaner worked great...I just had to wash tires 4 times to get all the crap off.

I put two coats of the clearcoat on and pledge to never use silicone spray again.

Has anyone had any experience with this stuff?

I do know it's no where near the mess that Black Magic is.

Scott, I haven't tried that particular tire dressing yet, but I am glad to see you switch from a silicone based tire dressing to a water based tire dressing. Not only are most silicone tire dressings extremely messy with sling back, they are harmful to your tires.

Edited by CanuckG35

I was back at Pep Boys today, buying myself a bunch of stuff, and picked up a new tire dressing. It's called Lucas slick mist fast and easy tire and trim shine, thats WATER BASED ! Will give it a shot next week, and will post my opinion of it.

Edited by JOEHIO

• 1 month later...

Lucas tire slick works great, tires look nice and black and shiny, and they DO NOT turn brownish, like most petroleum bases products do. Put it on the tires, a week later, washed the car, and the tires still had a nice shine to them, without reaplying. Very satisfied with the product.

Joe :dogwalk:

Edited by JOEHIO