New 2010 Edge SEL AWD Owner

hunter306

Just wanted to say hello from Southern Michigan. Just picked up a 2010 Edge SEL AWD and I've got all that new car excitement.

Been browsing here for weeks making a decision, decided to try my luck with the AWD, even though I know there have been some complaints here and there with leaks. I guess time will tell!

On to the pics, since the thread would be worthless without em'

edge_001.jpg

edge_002.jpg

edge_003.jpg

edge_004.jpg

edge_005.jpg

Posted this over in the 2010 edge section, wondered if anyone has seen this before?

I'm new to the whole TCS and RCS systems in the Edge, but yesterday evening coming home I came around a corner over some rough stuff (roads in Michigan, terrible) and then accellerated down the ramp to merge onto the freeway. I notice the TCS 'Sliding Car' icon is flashing on my dash, stays flashing for maybe 60 seconds, then just stays lit?

What the heck is that all about? Just picked up the car yesterday, so this could be user error..

Long story short, I took the next freeway exit about a mile up, pulled into a gas station, shut off the vehicle. Keyed it back on and started up. No more 'Sliding Car' light...

Anyone know anything? Should I take it back to the dealer? It's only been driven 45 miles since I got it.

Guess I'll just update, took it in-- They said that it was likely an Anomaly but doesn't actually log a Trouble Code when the light is activated, so theres not really much way to track the issue.

I guess when it happens, you're supposed to be able to bring it right to the dealer so they can see it lit up! Seems kinda improbable.

Anyway, It hasn't recurred, so I'll just keep my eyes peeled to see if it happens any more.

Guess I'll just update, took it in-- They said that it was likely an Anomaly but doesn't actually log a Trouble Code when the light is activated, so theres not really much way to track the issue.

I guess when it happens, you're supposed to be able to bring it right to the dealer so they can see it lit up! Seems kinda improbable.

Anyway, It hasn't recurred, so I'll just keep my eyes peeled to see if it happens any more.

highly improbable... and highly likely the reason for their recommendation.

That's why my phone is always ready to give them a little 720p proof.