Cargo Area Dog Protection

Hi All,

I have a 2011 Edge SEL and would like to purchase something to protect the carpeting when hauling my dogs. I would like something that covers the whole area with the seats down that is custom fit for the Edge. Also, anyone have any recommendations on one of those cage like things that block the dog from coming forward?

I did a search and there wasn't a single post with the word dog in it.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Thanks!

I have three hunting dogs and currently plan to use the husky all weather mat for the cargo area. I got one of tube type block/dividers and it seems to work just fine thus far but with teh seats up, this is hardly the best room to secure three dogs. (two labs and a pointer. So we chose to lower the second row of seats and make sure hte divider is positioned vertically a little further in and that holds well and give enough room for them to lay down on the all weather mat. i will keep another blanket to protect the carpeted backing of the seat. Just wish i knew the best way to protect the plastic sides and rear area of the door from scratches. Haven't hauled them inside yet, but am getting ready. We got our divider at pet smart. Great for getting right away but you can save $$$$ I found out on autoanything or anythingauto site that was mentioned in this post for less. I like the one we have because I can position the tubes to move to the width of any area in the back. I will say it is a good two person job to get the first positioning doen but after that, one person can handle with ease. Once we installed it, we simply lowered the points of the tubing that come in contact with the ceiling and seat backs and turned it and it comes right out of the vehicle for easy storage.

A dog or a crate? :lol:

Ha ha. Always a crate, often a dog or dogs. I rescue so sometimes a bunch. One of the reasons I love my Edge is the cargo space. Last summer I was surprised at how much I could haul. Five crates with six dogs, a cooler, a huge rubbermaid container, chairs and some other things and two of us. I was amazed. I am getting the itch and looking at cars and just can't see not having an Edge. I even fit a tree in it and a screen door in the box fit in it.

Ha ha. Always a crate, often a dog or dogs. I rescue so sometimes a bunch. One of the reasons I love my Edge is the cargo space. Last summer I was surprised at how much I could haul. Five crates with six dogs, a cooler, a huge rubbermaid container, chairs and some other things and two of us. I was amazed. I am getting the itch and looking at cars and just can't see not having an Edge. I even fit a tree in it and a screen door in the box fit in it.

I recall a news segment early 2010. They were at the New York auto show and some organization voted the 2011 Edge as the most dog friendly vehicle.

My Edge didn't work so well for my 220# Mastiff. He wasn't very agile and didn't like to use a ramp.

Edited by wilsons66604