Pondering a purchase

els

I did a bit of research on Ford Edge Limited / Sport models and I'm leaning towards the Limited model due to the fact it has more options (HID headlights, adaptive cruise control, towing package, etc) vs the Sport model. Granted, the Sport model is a looker and has performance-tuned suspension. The difference in ride between the two isn't that significant given the short amount of time I test drove both models (the Limited model had 20 inches wheels).

The dealer indicated that the production for Sport model has stopped and it's becoming "rare". He wouldn't budge in price. He offered $40K for it. I see some people have bought Sport model for ~$37K. I don't know the pricing on Limited model. The dealer also indicated that the metallic black will be replaced with flat black in a couple months. I don't know if the dealer is telling me the truth. Naturally, he seems to be anxious to sell what he has on the lot.

Any insight will be appreciated - I want the best possible deal and I'm not that desparate to buy a new vehcile.

Ethan

Well as a new LTD owner I'm a little biased, but I can tell you I love this truck...I got the HID's which are really nice...and I got the BLIS pkg which I use constantly. Also, the LTD is faster than the Sport (as crazy as that is) due to the lighter weight.

But, I think you can't go wrong with either.

I'll chime in to root on the Sport. I love the styling and I did aftermarket HIDs for the same end result. I will say, that I wish I had the Adaptive C.C. Thats one feathure Id really love to have. Aside from that, I dont mind the 2mpg drop for the paddle shifters larger engine and overall look of the vehicle, it really stands out!!!!

Before making my decision with my 2010 MKX, I tested 2011 Edge Sport and MKX both are amazing rides, the sport I find more fun to drive plus it's a head turner, specially the rims hehe. 300hp you cannot go wrong ;), the style just didn't grow on me. I still prefered the last gen looks.

If i did go for 2011, I wouldn've gotten the Sport Edge.

Edited by Chris2Go

Hate to be the one to poop on the parade here guys but my 2011 Edge AWD Limited (close to $50,000.00) has become a bit of a letdown for me.

Started out ok but the poor job Ford did with the MFT/Sync has really soured this vehicle.

It really is too bad as everything else about the car impresses, Ford needs to fix this soon to make it a winner

:banghead:

With every revision of the software though you have to admit it's getting better and better.

I really would like to purchase the Edge but all the stories about MyTouch are making me hold back.

I am hoping this will be corrected in the 2012 model.

Any news on what will be changing on the Edge for the new model?

I really would like to purchase the Edge but all the stories about MyTouch are making me hold back.

I am hoping this will be corrected in the 2012 model.

Any news on what will be changing on the Edge for the new model?

You are missing out by only reacting to the downers on these forums. I have had my limited since September - still on version 1.8 and no problems with MFT - Love this car more every day.

You are missing out by only reacting to the downers on these forums. I have had my limited since September - still on version 1.8 and no problems with MFT - Love this car more every day.

I realize that :( I do want it but for the price I wuld be very upset if I had the issues described by many on this site. only a few more months until 2012 is out and I think I will sleep better just waiting.

I realize that :( I do want it but for the price I wuld be very upset if I had the issues described by many on this site. only a few more months until 2012 is out and I think I will sleep better just waiting.

Yep - and it is your money and sanity - just remember that there are only a couple of handful on here complaining of issues (most justified). Most people who are happy don't speak up often or at all. You will be happy when you finally get it - 2012 or 2011.

For those of you who own the Edge, I have noticed under the headlights that there are two vertical lines, which look like there are lights behind, are they infact lights or just an opening for air?

On the Limited and Sport they are lights - on the SE and SEL they are just openings I think - I know the limited has lights. They are not turned on as day time running lights either - nor can they be without some type of Mod - or living in Canada.

Thank you for the feedback. The dealer just got new Sport model in with the color and options that I wanted. My only concern is the towing package and given the fact it has 22 inches wheels towing capacity would probably be around 2000 rather than 3500. Also, the dealer sent a window sticker of Limited model with the colors and options that I wanted however he says it's about 1000 miles away and I'd have to pay $1,000 to have it delivered. I don't think the dealer realizes that I'm not in a hurry to buy a new vehicle and I'm looking for a best possible deal. One thing that bothers me is when I asked the dealer for a brochure he said he didn't have any.

It seems I could probably get a loaded Sports model for ~37K and I am not sure about the Limited model something I'd have to look into. Let me know what it would take to get the price down. I keep on hearing about x-plan but I don't know anything about it (have not purchased a vehicle for almost 12 years).

Also, should I wait for 2012 models? I'd surmise they will come out in a few months and perhaps Sport model would have more options such as HID headlights and adaptive cruise control?

Thanks.

I keep on hearing about x-plan but I don't know anything about it (have not purchased a vehicle for almost 12 years).

X-Plan is Ford's partner recognition program.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do

It is for employees, retirees, spouses and other household members of selected Tier 1 suppliers, business partners, fleet partners and special organizations having a unique relationship with the Ford Motor Company.

If you don't fall into any of these categories, you can use my partner code to look at the pricing: XD307. You can use the pricing shown there as a target price when negotiating your purchase.

Good luck!

X-Plan is Ford's partner recognition program.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do

It is for employees, retirees, spouses and other household members of selected Tier 1 suppliers, business partners, fleet partners and special organizations having a unique relationship with the Ford Motor Company.

If you don't fall into any of these categories, you can use my partner code to look at the pricing: XD307. You can use the pricing shown there as a target price when negotiating your purchase.

Good luck!

That's only one type of X plan pin. The other is Friends and Family where Ford employees can give out up to 4 pins per year to friends and family members. There is a forum over on blueovalforums.com where you can request one and employees will give them out from time to time if you don't have an employee friend already.