SYNC compared to other indash NAV and entertainment systems.

So its been 5 months since I got my edge SEL. I have about 2700 miles on it i dont drive much. My beef with this car is the Stink system. wait! correction i meant SYNC system. I was so excited about this at the dealer, now that I look back, am like wtf were you getting so excited about. Now am saying to myself what was ford thinking when they decided to put this as an "indash keep your hands on the wheel and drive your mind crazy device on such such a nice car". For starters i miss seeing a MAP on the GPS screen. why will you make the system rely on your sell phone all the freaking time to get directions? well i dont need to get into all the ass backwards design options for this system. Now this brings me to my next questions. in about 3 years time, will you pay ford sync services to have this NAV system active in your car?

As a little side note, i had the pleasure to driving my friend 2011 infiniti fx35 for some time and i compared it to my edge. shhh dont tell him but my edge handles pot holes better. i really feel them in his car. i love the NAV system on the infiniti. no cell phone to get directions hint hint ford and it has a map. steering was nice and soft on the FX my edge well it felt very stiff. my edge more room, the FX nice icandy. I THINK WE ARE FORDS GINNY PIGS FOR THIS SYNS STUFF. what are your thoughts?

So its been 5 months since I got my edge SEL. I have about 2700 miles on it i dont drive much. My beef with this car is the Stink system. wait! correction i meant SYNC system. I was so excited about this at the dealer, now that I look back, am like wtf were you getting so excited about. Now am saying to myself what was ford thinking when they decided to put this as an "indash keep your hands on the wheel and drive your mind crazy device on such such a nice car". For starters i miss seeing a MAP on the GPS screen. why will you make the system rely on your sell phone all the freaking time to get directions? well i dont need to get into all the ass backwards design options for this system. Now this brings me to my next questions. in about 3 years time, will you pay ford sync services to have this NAV system active in your car?

As a little side note, i had the pleasure to driving my friend 2011 infiniti fx35 for some time and i compared it to my edge. shhh dont tell him but my edge handles pot holes better. i really feel them in his car. i love the NAV system on the infiniti. no cell phone to get directions hint hint ford and it has a map. steering was nice and soft on the FX my edge well it felt very stiff. my edge more room, the FX nice icandy. I THINK WE ARE FORDS GINNY PIGS FOR THIS SYNS STUFF. what are your thoughts?

If you have navigation, as part of the my Ford Touch sync system, it comes with a SD card which goes in the center armrest console, which gives you navigation. What you seems to be describing is the Travellink directions thing, which isn't navigation and doesn't include a map. I could be wrong but I've got the My Ford Touch system(with Navigation) and the navigation does need a cell phone, and has a true GPS.

M.

My thought is mv-clear is correct - you didn't pay for navigation, so you get turn by turn directions from sync services. If you had paid for navigation you'd have the same full map display as everyone else.

BTW - ginny pig is slang for an Italian policeman. I think the word you're looking for is guinea pig.