2011 2" hitch on 2008?

Does any one out there know if the factory 2" Class III hitch that is available as a factory or add on option on the 2011 can be used on erlier models (2008 specifically)????

There's no class 3 option as the drivetrain / suspension would not be sufficient to handle 5000lbs.

As for the class II, you can get the hitch installed at the dealer, but they will most likely just outsource the work anyways. Get the upgraded cooling bits if you are serious about towing near the Class II limits.

Hey thanks, I know that the edge cannot tow the 5000# that a class 3 provides. I just bout the edge and am moving from a V8 grand cherokee and have all the towing parafanialia that a 2" reciever provides. I only have a small utility trailer that i tow for camping to carry equipment and pack racks and bike racks which are all 2". I know there are aftermaket recievers but they exit so low under the bumper and I like that the factory hitch is higher and comes out the bumper. I know that a Class 3 2" reciever is available for the 2011 and looks nice installed so just thinking if it is applicable to the ealier models.

Hey thanks, I know that the edge cannot tow the 5000# that a class 3 provides. I just bout the edge and am moving from a V8 grand cherokee and have all the towing parafanialia that a 2" reciever provides. I only have a small utility trailer that i tow for camping to carry equipment and pack racks and bike racks which are all 2". I know there are aftermaket recievers but they exit so low under the bumper and I like that the factory hitch is higher and comes out the bumper. I know that a Class 3 2" reciever is available for the 2011 and looks nice installed so just thinking if it is applicable to the ealier models.

I have a Class II factory package and it has a 2" receiver.