Hazard button below navigation screen

Does anyone have any solutions for the horrible placement of the hazard lights button right below the navigation screen?? I have had my Edge less then 48 hours and already I'm getting fed up with that button going off. This is a safety issue and I think Ford needs to come up with a fix ASAP! I do not want to have to worry about driving down the street with my hazard lights on....it definitely is a huge issue and a possible recall issue? Please let me know if anyone has a way to avoid this button...or a different fix. A ford dealership told me to put tape over it... i'm not doing that in a 40k suv!

any info would be helpful..thanks!!!

Does anyone have any solutions for the horrible placement of the hazard lights button right below the navigation screen?? I have had my Edge less then 48 hours and already I'm getting fed up with that button going off. This is a safety issue and I think Ford needs to come up with a fix ASAP! I do not want to have to worry about driving down the street with my hazard lights on....it definitely is a huge issue and a possible recall issue? Please let me know if anyone has a way to avoid this button...or a different fix. A ford dealership told me to put tape over it... i'm not doing that in a 40k suv!

any info would be helpful..thanks!!!

What version of Sync do you have? I think in the later versions, they may have made it less sensitive.

I have learned to rest two fingers on the ledge below the touch screen. This helps me to not hit the button.

I'm not sure what version... How do I check?

I know it's going to take some getting used to but I think this is a major ford design flaw and safety issue that they need to fix. Someone mentioned having a cap over it that can be removed if necessary. this would be a great easy fix if ford could make one!

I'm not sure what version... How do I check?

I know it's going to take some getting used to but I think this is a major ford design flaw and safety issue that they need to fix. Someone mentioned having a cap over it that can be removed if necessary. this would be a great easy fix if ford could make one!

With your VIN, create an account on MyFordSync.com. You will find info about your version there.

Piece of silly putty would work... of course it would look pretty silly as well.

Would anyone be interested in a plastic or silicone insert that would cover the button until it's needed?

Or use one of the stickers you get on your coffee in the morning? They are a little stiffer than other stickers and come off easily after being on something for ages...

Really after having the car a while, you won't set it off and it really isn't a safety hazard.

Or use one of the stickers you get on your coffee in the morning? They are a little stiffer than other stickers and come off easily after being on something for ages...

Really after having the car a while, you won't set it off and it really isn't a safety hazard.

I've gotten used to not putting my finger there. Used to do it a good 2-3 times a week at the beginning :lol:

What's this coffee sticker thingy you speak of? (I drink Monster)

I've gotten used to not putting my finger there. Used to do it a good 2-3 times a week at the beginning :lol:

What's this coffee sticker thingy you speak of? (I drink Monster)

I don't know about down there, but we have little coffee shacks every corner or so (not starbucks, but small local) and many put a little sticker on the top covering the whole so it doesn't spill as they hand it out into the car. This might be another "only in AK thing"

I don't know about down there, but we have little coffee shacks every corner or so (not starbucks, but small local) and many put a little sticker on the top covering the whole so it doesn't spill as they hand it out into the car. This might be another "only in AK thing"

Now I get it.

Starbucks and Coffee Bean pretty much put out the small coffee industry out here. So we get the cups with the little hole to drink from, no sticker (as far as I know)

All this thinking has gotten me seriously interested in making a cover. Make it like a fighter pilot's missile fire button. :lol: just kidding...

• Like 1

Piece of silly putty would work... of course it would look pretty silly as well.

Would anyone be interested in a plastic or silicone insert that would cover the button until it's needed?

I'm of the opinion Ford really should supply a simple plastic cover that would prevent unintended flasher activation. If someone actually needs to activate these flashers it would be a simple thing to remove the cover first. I say this after my wife nearly hit the ditch while trying to turn the damn flashers off. How the hell did a design so putrid manage to pass the first stage of the vehicle's new build? And how the hell did they manage to make the flashers so incredibly easy to activate yet so damn difficult to turn off??

is that whats happening?!!?

i have had the Edge 24 hours and my hazards have come on 3 times!! i thought it was a software glitch. is it really that i am somehow touching the button by accident? thats actually better news than a electrical glitch.

so embarassing, especially when people see my new car tags.. they prob think im a paranoid mofo driving around like an idiot with his hazards on.. but im not..

Edited by jackson5