Phonebook Contact Pictures

Kat for what it's worth, your dealer wasn't fully lying....

The reason is on Android phones, you can control the BT audio output volume at the phone level and that does not mess with the car's volume except that it feeds magnitude to that line. (Try toggling the volume keys on your phone when on a BT call and you'll see a blue volume pop-up that's different from your standard "ringer" volume pop-up)

What I mean, is that it is like having a Walkman plugged into the audio input. There's a control on the Walkman AND the car. If you turn down the input (Walkman or Thunderbolt), the volume will decrease overall. Also, if you have the input device on 0 (zero) volume, you could have the Sync's BT volume all the way up and it will still be silent.

I have a program on my phone that automatically turns the BT volume to a specified level (~85%) when it detects connection to SYNC via BT. I did this because I sometimes found that my phone's BT volume was sometimes down to almost 0% and I would not hear the music or call and would have to manually turn it up.

Hope that's not confusing, I can re-word if so.

• Like 1

The reason is on Android phones, you can control the BT audio output volume at the phone level and that does not mess with the car's volume except that it feeds magnitude to that line. (Try toggling the volume keys on your phone when on a BT call and you'll see a blue volume pop-up that's different from your standard "ringer" volume pop-up)

Good info

I have a program on my phone that automatically turns the BT volume to a specified level (~85%) when it detects connection to SYNC via BT. I did this because I sometimes found that my phone's BT volume was sometimes down to almost 0% and I would not hear the music or call and would have to manually turn it up.

Is that an app you downloaded or something that came with the phone? What is the name of the program?

That sounds like a handy piece of software that I think would help a good number of people having similar problems.

Happy driving.

What I mean, is that it is like having a Walkman plugged into the audio input. There's a control on the Walkman AND the car. If you turn down the input (Walkman or Thunderbolt), the volume will decrease overall. Also, if you have the input device on 0 (zero) volume, you could have the Sync's BT volume all the way up and it will still be silent.

Hope that's not confusing, I can re-word if so.

Thanks for the info!!! And if the program is an app I can download, I would love to have it!

One question....when you said you could not hear music when the volume on your phone is set to 0, I'm assuming that is the music you are playing through your phone, right?? Unlike most of you, I'm about as techno-literate as a slug but I'm pushing on and keep trying (keep your fingers crossed!). When I am playing the car radio with the Android connected to the Synce I have the car radio volume set to about 30%, however, when a call rings in or I make a call I have to jump the volume up to max or I can not hear a single thing. Once the phone call disconnects the radio volume drops back down to its original setting, however, on the next phone call I have to jump it back up to max in order to hear. Is this a common problem or do I have a gremlin in my system?

Katherine

Thanks for the info!!! And if the program is an app I can download, I would love to have it!

One question....when you said you could not hear music when the volume on your phone is set to 0, I'm assuming that is the music you are playing through your phone, right?? Unlike most of you, I'm about as techno-literate as a slug but I'm pushing on and keep trying (keep your fingers crossed!). When I am playing the car radio with the Android connected to the Synce I have the car radio volume set to about 30%, however, when a call rings in or I make a call I have to jump the volume up to max or I can not hear a single thing. Once the phone call disconnects the radio volume drops back down to its original setting, however, on the next phone call I have to jump it back up to max in order to hear. Is this a common problem or do I have a gremlin in my system?

Katherine

I have a two-fold fix for you:

Download App called Audio Guru (Free) . It allows you to change all your various volume levels independently (and use profiles if you fancy)

Then, for your Bluetooth volume issue, get on a call where you can make changes on your phone and SYNC and not be bothered with banter (Banking comes to mind). While on the call, adjust your volume knob on your Car (SYNC) to about 1/3 (this will set your car's phone volume). Then grab your phone and toggle the volume key up to MAX. You should see a blue Pop up that shows "BT media volume" or something to that effect (this will set the volume that the phone feeds to SYNC).

Let me know if that works. If not, PM me and I'll walk you through something else.

• Like 1

I have a two-fold fix for you:

Download App called Audio Guru (Free) . It allows you to change all your various volume levels independently (and use profiles if you fancy)

Then, for your Bluetooth volume issue, get on a call where you can make changes on your phone and SYNC and not be bothered with banter (Banking comes to mind). While on the call, adjust your volume knob on your Car (SYNC) to about 1/3 (this will set your car's phone volume). Then grab your phone and toggle the volume key up to MAX. You should see a blue Pop up that shows "BT media volume" or something to that effect (this will set the volume that the phone feeds to SYNC).

Let me know if that works. If not, PM me and I'll walk you through something else.

Thanks!!! I'll give it a try this evening when I get off work. And thanks for the info on the app, it is being downloaded as I type!!!

Katherine

• 4 months later...

Have a used Blackberry Curve 9330 now. I can send/receive texts and do see my contact photos now. The problem is the photos are showing on the MFT screen as very low resolution/blurry, while they are sharp and clear on my phone.

I know there are limitation on wallpaper photos. Any suggestions on photos size/dimensions for contact photos? Any suggestions on photo editing for Blackberry?

I also posted this question on the Sync forum and I received a reply saying they have the same problem and assumed that is how Blackberry/MFT work.

Are there any Blackberry users here not having a problem with blurry contact photos?