Passenger side lower on 2010 Edge

bigalx58

I just noticed that my 2010 Edge is lower on the passenger side, looking from the rear, by about 1 inch. The car is parked in my garage. I'm using a line on the rear bumper as a reference point. I've got about 10K on the car. I do have some things stored in the spare tire area, fairly well distributed and I don't think that they would weight that much to drop the spring(?) by an inch. I guess I did notice this before, but didn't think anything of it until today.

Should I be concerned about this or is it within accepted limits? I would hate to sit around at the dealers for a minor thing... Thanks.

Edited by bigalx58

I just noticed that my 2010 Edge is lower on the passenger side, looking from the rear, by about 1 inch. The car is parked in my garage. I'm using a line on the rear bumper as a reference point. I've got about 10K on the car. I do have some things stored in the spare tire area, fairly well distributed and I don't think that they would weight that much to drop the spring(?) by an inch. I guess I did notice this before, but didn't think anything of it until today.

Should I be concerned about this or is it within accepted limits? I would hate to sit around at the dealers for a minor thing... Thanks.

How's the fender gap difference from side to side?

It could be tire pressure difference, ground imperfections or a more serious problem. All things normal, 1" difference in body height from left to right is wrong.

Measuring through the center of the wheels, I found the distances from the garage floor to the bottom of the wheel fenders to be as follows: Right front...33 1/2 in.

Left front...33 5/8 in .... Right rear..33 in and Left rear..33 1/2 in. The distance from the bottom of the tailpipe to the floor is 12 in on the right side and 12 1/2 in on the left.

Measuring through the center of the wheels, I found the distances from the garage floor to the bottom of the wheel fenders to be as follows: Right front...33 1/2 in.

Left front...33 5/8 in .... Right rear..33 in and Left rear..33 1/2 in. The distance from the bottom of the tailpipe to the floor is 12 in on the right side and 12 1/2 in on the left.

What's the distance from the top of each wheel to the fender on each wheel. This will help determine if the difference is within the suspension or tires or elsewhere.

Hopefully, I did what you suggested. I measured directly from top the tire, above, to the bottom of the wheelwell. Here are the measurements: RR.. 5 1/2 in LR..5 3/4 in...RF...8 1/4 in LF... 8 1/4 in. It would appear that the difference between the left and right sides is only 1/4 in and not 1 in. ...I would think that I wouldn't have noticed that.

Hopefully, I did what you suggested. I measured directly from top the tire, above, to the bottom of the wheelwell. Here are the measurements: RR.. 5 1/2 in LR..5 3/4 in...RF...8 1/4 in LF... 8 1/4 in. It would appear that the difference between the left and right sides is only 1/4 in and not 1 in. ...I would think that I wouldn't have noticed that.

But you indicated a 1/2 difference in total... so if 1/4 comes from the suspension, there must be another 1/4 in tire size difference or body mounting difference.