Traffic alerts. Can they be disabled?

Drove round trip from LA to SF this weekend. Was very pleased with the Edge's performance. The only thing I was irritated by, was the traffic alert function on screen which seems to require a move by the driver to take their eyes off the road to make a selection of Details/Ignore/Avoid.

Is there any way to disable this function? I find it highly distracting and rarely accurate... on this trip anyhow.

From the manual...

"Traffic Preferences: The Avoid Traffic Problems setting allows you to set how you would like the system to handle traffic problems along your route. Choose ‘Automatic’ for the system to automatically reroute you to avoid traffic incidents that develop and impact he current route (no notification is provided). Choose ‘Manual’ for the system to always provide a traffic alert notification for traffic incidents along the planned route. You will have a choice to accept or ignore the notification before the route deviation is made."

So changing the setting to 'Automatic' will take care of the pop-up notification issue, however, you may unnecessarily and unknowingly be sent on alternate routes.

Drove round trip from LA to SF this weekend. Was very pleased with the Edge's performance. The only thing I was irritated by, was the traffic alert function on screen which seems to require a move by the driver to take their eyes off the road to make a selection of Details/Ignore/Avoid.

Is there any way to disable this function? I find it highly distracting and rarely accurate... on this trip anyhow.

I believe this is the Sirius TravelLink feature. It will go away after the 6 month trial is over :-)

that said...Check the TravelLink options on your Touch.