Transmission Slipping

I purchased my Edge Nov 2009. SInce I have had my not even 2 year old vehice it has been in the shop 4 times for brake issues and about a month ago I noticed a harsh downshift and when I accelerated It felt like my transmission was slipping. I first thought traction, but it happened several times within the last couple of weeks and the traction control sensor would never come on. I took the car into the dealership for the 5th time for brake issues and mentioned the transmission issue I was experiencing. Long story short thanks to my step dad logging on to ALLDATA he pulled up a TSB 10-21-2 from Nov 2010. Thanks to him doing that , they replaced the TR Sensor and the Retaining PIn that was causing the problem. My brakes are also fixed again for the 5th time. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM DEPENDING ON YOUR TRANSMISSION THERE ARE TWO TSB REGARDING THIS ISSUE ON ALLDATA. TSB10-9-9 requires the entire transmission to be replaced and the other TSB 10-21-2 just replaces the parts mentioned above. DONOT LET THIS SLIDE TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP AND HAVE THE PROBLEM FIXED. If you need any additional info please feel free to e-mail me.

• 11 months later...

Thank you so much for posting this! I have a 2010 Ford Edge and I love it. I just rolled over 36,000 and my 3 year warranty was up 2 months ago. I'm the only owner. I just started noticing my driver side window making noises when I roll it up. Any who, I decided to see if any recalls on the window and happen to come across your topic. I have the same issue with the transmission. It usually only happens once every few months where I'm at a stop light and I hit the gas and the transmission feels like it slipping gears just to get in gear. At first I thought maybe it was because the roads where wet or a patch of ice. But every time it happens, the roads are bone dry and no traction control light doesn't pop on. I have just figured I been hitting the gas too hard every time that happens. I will most defiantly be letting the dealership know tomorrow. I will keep you posted on what happens just in case anyone else has the same issue.

• 2 years later...