9 hour road trip...system crash/restart every hour!!!

I'm just venting...not looking for an answer because I know there isn't one. But it killed me this weekend to have my less than 2,000 mile $39K Edge Limited rebooting every hour or so as we drove to visit friends and family. The car is coming off more than a week in the shop to update the Nav/Sync system etc., with Ford connected when it just stopped working.

Anyway...AGAIN my 2007 Shelby can run forever without a Nav issue. This POS system can't last more than an hour!

Thanks for the vent....

I'm just venting...not looking for an answer because I know there isn't one. But it killed me this weekend to have my less than 2,000 mile $39K Edge Limited rebooting every hour or so as we drove to visit friends and family. The car is coming off more than a week in the shop to update the Nav/Sync system etc., with Ford connected when it just stopped working.

Anyway...AGAIN my 2007 Shelby can run forever without a Nav issue. This POS system can't last more than an hour!

Thanks for the vent....

I can relate. My '11 Edge has 11k miles and running v2.8.

During my road trip this weekend, Touch rebooted every time I tried to edit the route.

WTF Ford !?! where is the system you promised me when I bought the car last year? I didn't purchase this car expecting it to be full of bugs.

If it took more than a week for the dealer to install a Sync update, then chances are they never did do it correctly.

Sorry I should have been more specific...it took Ford a week not the dealer.

The dealer installed the 2.8 update and suddenly we lost all navigation, which may very well have been a dealer install issue, it was as if the car didn't come with it!

The dealer gave up trying to fix it and Ford had them connect a laptop to the car which in turn was connected to Ford so they could troubleshoot and reinstall the entire software suite. This went on for OVER a week with every attempt by Ford still leaving the system with no navigation. FINALLY they got it all to take and Nav returned!

It's fine for an hour or so, more than most people drive for a typical trip, but soon after it starts with these random reboots and "performing scheduled maintenance" screen but regardless it's unsat. The nav portion of the system really doesn't do much more than my 2007 unit that has been rock solid for 4 years! I also want to point out that it did this when we were going through the delivery checklist and the sales person was showing us the features! at the time he was like "wow...never seen it do that..."..looking back I'm not sure to laugh or cry.

Reading the threads here, and elsewhere, as well as reviews for the system, it's really time for Ford to step up, for owners to stop making excuses for Ford, as the system should JUST WORK!

Reading the threads here, and elsewhere, as well as reviews for the system, it's really time for Ford to step up, for owners to stop making excuses for Ford, as the system should JUST WORK!

Nobody is making excuses. Ford does appear to be "stepping up" - it's just taking them longer to get all the bugs worked out than they thought.

It's 100% Ford's fault and they screwed up royally. But they appear to be doing everything possible to get the problems fixed. If you've never done large complicated software projects then you probably don't understand.

Ford even admitted they should have waited a year. But that's water under the bridge now.

Nobody is making excuses. Ford does appear to be "stepping up" - it's just taking them longer to get all the bugs worked out than they thought.

It's 100% Ford's fault and they screwed up royally. But they appear to be doing everything possible to get the problems fixed. If you've never done large complicated software projects then you probably don't understand.

Ford even admitted they should have waited a year. But that's water under the bridge now.

It's been almost 11 months since by Edge was built and my MFT is still a piece of crap. Would waiting a year have helped? If so, then I should be expecting the fixed Touch system soon.

Is Ford "stepping up"? As an owner, I don't see it. Ford needs to communicate with the owners. If they know they have a POS and will have it fixed soon, then why not let us know what to expect? Keeping quiet about it is not helping.

Edited by wilsons66604

I've just about had it with this vehicle, every day seems to be a new adventure

Moon roof struggling to close one day, rear end thumping away the next. Todays problem is the dreaded blank navigation screen with message saying "theres a fault"

FAULT...??? this whole vehicle is one big fault

Ford putting this out on the market when its obvious there are so many deficiencies is almost criminal. They really to to step up and fix this mess

Sadly I can't see any help from Ford, numerous problems were mentioned on this forum from 2009's and 2010's. They still are cropping up with 2011's, what does that tell you?

Least of my problems is the annoying mis-aligned drivers door, give me a break, this is QA at its worst for how many years..???

End of rant

I've just about had it with this vehicle, every day seems to be a new adventure

Moon roof struggling to close one day, rear end thumping away the next. Todays problem is the dreaded blank navigation screen with message saying "theres a fault"

FAULT...??? this whole vehicle is one big fault

Ford putting this out on the market when its obvious there are so many deficiencies is almost criminal. They really to to step up and fix this mess

Sadly I can't see any help from Ford, numerous problems were mentioned on this forum from 2009's and 2010's. They still are cropping up with 2011's, what does that tell you?

Least of my problems is the annoying mis-aligned drivers door, give me a break, this is QA at its worst for how many years..???

End of rant

I agree that my car was not put together perfectly. Apparently those $100K laser door alignment robots weren't put to work before my car was built.

Anyhow, I just took it to the dealer yesterday and the experience was pretty good so far. They need to keep my car another day to make sure they get the alignment on the door right as that was my first complaint. My service advisor immediately took note of everything I wanted fixed and put it in the computer.

I was having some random SD card failures and SYNC restarts, so they are looking at that too. Hopefully I don't go home with more bugs than I started with.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the vent....

I am so glad that I am not crazy. I have only has my Edge for 2 months and this is the 4th time taking it in to the dealership for "updates". Sometimes I felt as if I was beinging dimissed.

I am so glad that I am not crazy. I have only has my Edge for 2 months and this is the 4th time taking it in to the dealership for "updates". Sometimes I felt as if I was beinging dimissed.

You are not crazy...(yet)

That's whats so great about this forum. A person can find a lot of support and understanding of the issues that My Ford Touch users have.

If I didn't have the affirmation found on this forum, I would have driven this POS through the showroom window long ago.

Damn I like the Edge but give me a Over The Counter audio sytem that works instead of this experiment called MyFordTouch