Verizon iPhone 4

Have an Edge which is about a week old, and whish I joined this forum before purchasing my Edge as I may of had second thoughts. Have issues streaming music from my iPhone. I can listen to music via the phone, and once I shut the car off and restart it, it automatically goes to the AM channel and blares static. Then I go to reconnect and it tells me the phone is disconnected(Yet I can make calls via Sync)

So I either have to wait and pull the 29 fuse, or it sometimes connects. Brought it to the dealer and was advised the system has the most updated version ( Ibeleive I was told 2.8). Now I am being told it is an issue with the phone and SYNC. I traded in my 2009 Mercury Mariner with SYNC, and never had a problem with the I phone. I have also noticed when a call comes in, it does not list the name from my phonebook on the screen, just tells me it is a"local call from north jersey"

Another fine mess I got myself into with MFT

Have an Edge which is about a week old, and whish I joined this forum before purchasing my Edge as I may of had second thoughts. Have issues streaming music from my iPhone. I can listen to music via the phone, and once I shut the car off and restart it, it automatically goes to the AM channel and blares static. Then I go to reconnect and it tells me the phone is disconnected(Yet I can make calls via Sync)

So I either have to wait and pull the 29 fuse, or it sometimes connects. Brought it to the dealer and was advised the system has the most updated version ( Ibeleive I was told 2.8). Now I am being told it is an issue with the phone and SYNC. I traded in my 2009 Mercury Mariner with SYNC, and never had a problem with the I phone. I have also noticed when a call comes in, it does not list the name from my phonebook on the screen, just tells me it is a"local call from north jersey"

Another fine mess I got myself into with MFT

While your MFT is up-to-date, make sure your iPhone is also.

MFT is full of bugs, the phone does play a part in it as well.

I have an iPhone 4 on ATT and have similar issues.

I can say that with the iOS 5 beta 3, BT Audio works a little bit better.

It's a combination of MFT not able to handle the different phones' issues and the phones implementing (or not) certain BlueTooth stuff that MFT agrees with.

I guess it just depends on the car and the phone?

I have an iPhone 4 (AT&T) and I've only experienced syncing issues a couple of times in the 7 months I've owned it. Each time, turning the car off and then on again corrected it.

I've never had to pull fuse 29 for any reason.

Someone posted a list of fixes in the new MFT 2.11 update. One of them was iPhone 4 Contacts. I wonder if it helps anything else.

The new iOS 5 beta 4 seems to be performing better w/MFTthan iOS4 w/MFT.

keep updating software/firmware as they are released because we are on the bleeding edge when it comes to this stuff.

Someone posted a list of fixes in the new MFT 2.11 update. One of them was iPhone 4 Contacts. I wonder if it helps anything else.

The new iOS 5 beta 4 seems to be performing better w/MFTthan iOS4 w/MFT.

keep updating software/firmware as they are released because we are on the bleeding edge when it comes to this stuff.

According to the web iOS 5 will not be available untill fall, is this correct?

• 2 months later...

iOS 5 is out and IPhone 4s as well. So far, there are no issues with the contact lists that I can see. However BT Audio still will not give you control over playlists etc nor does it display track/album info on the touch screen.

I'll troll through the MFT settings to see if there are any settings I've missed on the Sync side of things.

I have an IPhone 4 (Verizon) and don't have these issues with MFT, so it sounds like your MFT may need a software update?

Here is my experience - haven't updated my phone software in at least a few months.

Phone syncs right away and bluetooth works great for phone calls.

My phonebook/contacts downloaded with no issues

It does not display contact phone pictures in the on screen display but I really haven't played with it to see if that feature would work either.

Bluetooth audio streaming works well BUT does not display the Artist or Song Title ever when playing through bluetooth, same phone connected to USB and it does show this info so I believe it is the Iphone not sharing this info when output via Bluetooth.

I have not tried streaming Pandora. I do have the app on my phone, but since I still have free sirius radio and with the USB drive connection, I have enough entertainment options for the time being.

Have not experienced the AM issue you mention above or it not recognizing my phone anytime I have gotten in the vehicle.

This phone os the only phone I have sync'd with the car.

It does not have any SMS / Text abilities of displaying them, composing them or reading them but I believe again that is due to the IPhone not the MFT.

iOS 5 is out and IPhone 4s as well. So far, there are no issues with the contact lists that I can see. However BT Audio still will not give you control over playlists etc nor does it display track/album info on the touch screen.

I'll troll through the MFT settings to see if there are any settings I've missed on the Sync side of things.

My iPhone 4 on iOS 5 displayed track/artist info when BT streaming from the Music app (most of the time). It would not display track info from Pandora or Stitcher though.

My iPhone 4s is the same way.