4 day old 2011 Edge Vista Roof Shattered!!!

tneison

Yeah, I had that same reaction. I wish I knew when and what the hell could have possibly fallen straight down w/ the force to do this if that is what happened. Working on the insurance side of this mess now.

At 30 MPH it could have been anything. I heard a crazy story on "That's Incredible" in the 80s where a man shot a rifle off shore on his boat and it struck a woman in her car on the freeway. Craziest part was that no glass was broken as the bullet traveled through an open rear triangle window in her coupe at the right exact moment.

Luck is a strange beast. Sorry for your misfortune.

I'm not an expert by any means, but it *looks* to me like something did strike it on the left side spreading to the right.

Whatever "struck" it must have bounced off... Sounds like insurance needs to pick up this bill.

I agree. You can't deny that this does look like a place of impact.

I'm glad it's not a defect because my Edge has a way of finding them

My rear glass roof also shattered while driving on the Freeway in Houston, Texas. There was no accident, no overpasses, no reason for this to happen. The dealer has quoted $1,100.00 to fix and informed me it is not covered under the warrant.

Interesting

Sorry to hear that but Interesting that it's the back glass also.

• 1 year later...

I just bought a 2010 Edge and was riding down the road and the sunroof exploded! It scared me to death! I thought someone had shot me! We literally have had the car a month, its still under warranty and Ford will not cover it! I am just sick about it! Nothing hit that sunroof, I know this for a fact. It shattered around the edges.