Engine Revs, low gas mileage

jeanekit

I have a 2011 Edge and am not happy with it. I had it to the dealer twice who can not duplicate the problem: when either me or my husband drive. Going down hill, foot not on gas, engine revs between 4-6 RPM. I also only get 17 miles a gallon.

Not a problem, that's part of the design. The engine is cutting fuel and using compression to help you engine brake.

It is not using extra fuel as the injector pulses are cut off. You apparent lack of MPG efficiency is due to something else. Has the engine been through the break in period? Are you doing the proper type of driving for the break-in? i.e. not driving a single engine RPM for long periods of time and not hammering it, et cetera?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2011 Edge and am not happy with it. I had it to the dealer twice who can not duplicate the problem: when either me or my husband drive. Going down hill, foot not on gas, engine revs between 4-6 RPM. I also only get 17 miles a gallon.

I'll be happy if i got your consumption , im doing 12MPG in city and 13.5 MPG with a mixed of city and highway , and im not hard at all on it

If you drive in hilly terrain you will get poor gas mileage. I say this because of your reference to going down a hill.

This does not sound right. We have owned a 2007 Edge for 3 years, now we have a second one a 2010 Sport. Never have either of our Edges done anything close to this. RPM's are usually low. We drove our Edges in hilly country (MA), now in flat country FL. And our gas mileage average is 21 in both of them. The have been flawless.

• 4 weeks later...