Ventilated Seats

This MKX is the first car I've had with ventilated seats. How hard should the air flow blow out of them? When on high, I can feel it at the bottom of my legs, but not really on my lower back. I am disappointed they don't blow out harder. What are your experiences with it?

I have a '07 MKX and mine acts the same way. The seat feels pretty good, more towards the legs, but I don't feel anything on my lower back. I'm not 100% sure how it's designed to work and it still feels OK so I just figured I'd be living with it. Plus my warranty expired in May and the first time I ever tried them was just last week (purchased 09/2010) when the temp went into the 100's.

• 1 month later...

Both my '09 F-150 Platinum and 11 MKX have the Air conditioned seats (I say AC because many of the German cars have ventilated seats - they blow air - but not cooled air). Anyway, my theory is that when you are sitting in the seat you are pretty much blocking the ventilated holes in the leather - so that's why you don't feel it as much as say your legs where air can exit via the unblocked ventilation holes. I can hear my seat fan running when it's in the high position so Iknow it works. I would like to know the area where the fan comes through the seats. Also, there are air filters in these systems, if you have a 2007 - you should proably change the filters.

Good luck!