Whats the best MP3 Player?

Hi,

I got my 2011 Ford Edge SEL about 3 weeks ago. Its the first brand new car I ever had and I love it. I bought a cheap MP3 player to plug in the the USB port, but it keeps saying its not compatable with the SYNC system to use safty features. Also, the only thing I can do is shuffle through songs, I can't select any menu's on the screen to pick certain songs, and on my dashboard right hud display, I have to keep going back to the menu screen, then hit the right arrow a few times for the USB option to pop up.

So an anyone recommend a good MP3 player to sync up with the car? Cost is not a problem. I was thinking about getting a 8gig ipod but I read a few things that Apple software is having issues with the Microsoft SYNC setups.

Also, is it ok to leave my MP3 player plugged into the USB all the time, even when the car is off? Will it drain the battery or anything of that nature?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I got my 2011 Ford Edge SEL about 3 weeks ago. Its the first brand new car I ever had and I love it. I bought a cheap MP3 player to plug in the the USB port, but it keeps saying its not compatable with the SYNC system to use safty features. Also, the only thing I can do is shuffle through songs, I can't select any menu's on the screen to pick certain songs, and on my dashboard right hud display, I have to keep going back to the menu screen, then hit the right arrow a few times for the USB option to pop up.

So an anyone recommend a good MP3 player to sync up with the car? Cost is not a problem. I was thinking about getting a 8gig ipod but I read a few things that Apple software is having issues with the Microsoft SYNC setups.

Also, is it ok to leave my MP3 player plugged into the USB all the time, even when the car is off? Will it drain the battery or anything of that nature?

Thanks in advance!

I have a 2010 and use my MP3 player all the time, I have 2 Philips Gear and my wife has one also, no issues playing, the difference might be yours is a 2011 with a different Sync software than the 2010, my MP3 plugs into the car with a jack not via the USB port.

Yes I have the Ford Mytouch. It actually froze up on me for the first time today and had to turn the car off for a few min until the screen went off, then when I started the car it rebooted and did a "system check and update"

I like the idea of the Mytouch 4g with the bluetooth, I might go look for that,

Thanks for all the helpfull responses.

Yes I have the Ford Mytouch. It actually froze up on me for the first time today and had to turn the car off for a few min until the screen went off, then when I started the car it rebooted and did a "system check and update"

I like the idea of the Mytouch 4g with the bluetooth, I might go look for that,

Thanks for all the helpfull responses.

If you have MyFord Touch, then you dont have to scroll thru the menus to select a certain song. Use the voice command "USB, play track ___" or "USB, play artist ___"

PS - I use my iPhone for the iPod functions. Works flawlessly with MFT.

Edited by seabee78

If you have MyFord Touch, then you dont have to scroll thru the menus to select a certain song. Use the voice command "USB, play track ___" or "USB, play artist ___"

PS - I use my iPhone for the iPod functions. Works flawlessly with MFT.

That sure works if I remembered every track name, or number or artist etc.

I have plenty of music where the artists are collaborating and saying " Play Jay-Z" doesn't always bring ALL of Jay-Z's songs up.

I end up using my phone quite a bit as I can scroll to my heart's content with a flick of a finger.